Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Mpg 2016 Verso 1.6 D-4D

VersoWales

Hi all. I have owned a 2015 Verso for about month. It is the 1.6 D-4D version with 43k miles and full service history. Is 40mph of non city driving (motorway and country roads) normal? I was getting 36mpg in my 2006 1.8 petrol Verso which I owned before! The tyres on my new Verso had been changed by the previous owner to 225 50 R17 from the factory fitted 215 55 R17. Am I losing over 10mpg because of this? What mpg do other people get?

Honest John suggest average MPG for your car should be around 50 MPG, sprintmonitor.de which has around 3 pages of people submitting info, suggest more or less the same average.

Even my 1.6 gasoline Auris gets  47 MPG on motorway/country roads.

Tire size maybe contribute to a bit higher usage depending on condition, temperature, but nothing in such extremes.

Also, we can not exclude your driving style, and a heavy foot.

How are you measuring consumption, tank to tank, or by computer?

1 hour ago, furtula said:

Honest John suggest average MPG for your car should be around 50 MPG, sprintmonitor.de which has around 3 pages of people submitting info, suggest more or less the same average.

Even my 1.6 gasoline Auris gets  47 MPG on motorway/country roads.

Tire size maybe contribute to a bit higher usage depending on condition, temperature, but nothing in such extremes.

Also, we can not exclude your driving style, and a heavy foot.

How are you measuring consumption, tank to tank, or by computer?

I am going with the Honest John figures as a guide. The car computer shows 43mpg, my tank to tank measurements are 40mpg. Driving style is smooth. I was getting 36mpg in a petrol car, a lot older with more city driving than now. Yes I do expect a small increase due to the tyre size but 20% difference is quite excessive.

I think you would need Toyota Techstream cable to do any troubleshooting, if you want to fix the issue (15-ish GBP).

You can check this topic, OP was also troubleshooting bad MPG using Techstream, which was caused by constant DPF regens, and it shows how great of a tool it is.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links