Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Flashing fuel light

MeepMeep

Hey everyone, im new to the site and am just getting used to it so sorry if this has been brought up before. My IQ has the 1.3L and i have a question about the low fuel flashing bar. I just did my first fill up as the light was flashing. It only took 25.5L to fill which means there is still another 6+litres of fuel left. Just wondering are people just driving for a while with the light flashing or is it like the Yaris(07) and when fuel is really low the bar flashes faster. 
Thanks Gavin

Toyota tend to be conservative re when the low fuel light comes on and allow a generous reserve.

Thanks Frosty. Just wasnt sure as i didnt see anything in the manual maybe i missed it. 
i guess i will ride the flashing light for a bit 🙂

Be very careful. The fuel gauge on ours doesn't drop from full for the first 100 miles after a fill, then drops like a stone. I get 25 litres in when 2 bars are still showing, so consequently never let the gauge drop below 2 bars.

1 hour ago, dash said:

The fuel gauge on ours doesn't drop from full for the first 100 miles after a fill, then drops like a stone. 

Which is common to a number of Toyota models.

15 hours ago, dash said:

The fuel gauge on ours doesn't drop from full for the first 100 miles after a fill, then drops like a stone.

Exactly the same as my IQ3, but once the light starts flashing I reckon I've got 30 miles more, safely.

regards Chris

Ok mine is a 2015 so I assume its an IQ3(Scion as im in Canada) so as saab9002 has stated i should have quite a bit left in the tank. 

on a side note i wish we had the options you got on these cars. Like stick shift, folding parking mirrorS and luggage cloth cover.