Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

I've almost bought the Corolla Touring Sport 2.0

nielshm

But... 

In Denmark android auto is'nt installed in any Toyota. I don't like the idea of buying such a expensive car, and still pay extra for satnav or use a external device in my windscreen. 

But... 

One danish dealers website claims that a upgrade kit to Android Auto will be avaliable, and can be fitted into cars thats already on the road. All it takes is Toyota to finally approve the use of smartphones and Android Auto. If that is the case, it's easier for me to make a deal, knowing that everything eventually wil be fine. 

Can any one here confirm that?? 

My understanding is that all Corolla,s destined for Europe are made in the UK. The latest spec MY20 (November) has been announced and includes  “8" touchscreen with Toyota Touch® 2 media system with Apple Carplay® & Android auto” so I assume this covers all European models

The car is in stock in Denmark, so build date is unknown, but a least 2-3 months old.

Ok, Here in the UK cars are built to order unless you buy a model from the showroom.

Might be worth enquiring if you can order the MY20 spec?

It looks like ALL new build Yaris Rav C-HRs are to include Apple Car play etc

Right now there a campaign with 0% (fixed) interest, but the car must be registred and delivered to the costumer before 31/12-19.

The deal must be closed and signed before 10 november. In that case, only cars in stock is avaliable to meet the conditions in this campaign. 

Currently no one seems to be able to confirm whether the upgrade is hardware or software, whether there will be an additional charge for the upgrade (and what that charge will be), or when the upgrade will be available for existing models.

But if the the MY20 is the car to be sold in the future, wouldn't it be crazy to buy a previous specs model? That explains why they have a 0% intetest campaign. 

If the multimedia center can be upgraded, every one is happy. If not... It's a long life with a car not quite as up to date, as one could wish. 

23 minutes ago, nielshm said:

But if the the MY20 is the car to be sold in the future, wouldn't it be crazy to buy a previous specs model? That explains why they have a 0% intetest campaign. 

Maybe but I bought my Corolla in March on 0% finance.

The 0% campaign is quite new in Denmark. Normal intetest is 1,5% flexible. 

1 hour ago, nielshm said:

The 0% campaign is quite new in Denmark. Normal intetest is 1,5% flexible. 

Ah. Then yes it probably is an attempt to shift stock. Sounds like an opportunity to grab it while you can 🙂

Deal closed. I got a 2.0, H3 level + upgrade package. I think the deal was OK, I traded in my 2016 Auris 1.2T CVT. Old car milage 66.000. 

• Like 1

I got verbal confirmation from Bulgarian dealer, that FW upgrade for all 2019 Corollas with CarPlay ( and I suppose Android Auto) will come in Q1 2020. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links