Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Techstream MINI VCI J2534 interface

mekanieker

hi ,

what is the version of the filmware that works well on an avensis t27 year 2010, I have just ordered one, and can only change the personal settings with it, but cannot read errors or data

greetings from belgium

Luc.

J2534 v1.4.1.jpg

• Like 1

I don't know how to check the firmware of my 4 year old J2534 Mini VCI cable, but I did a check. My car is 2009 T27 Valvematic tourer.
image.thumb.png.43196d9cc4b1cbb112a327743debff98.png

I can fully communicate with the car and pulled some historical codes that I told the car to store. I found a few U0100 failure to communicates on various systems. 
How are you connecting to the car?

4 hours ago, mekanieker said:

hi ,

what is the version of the filmware that works well on an avensis t27 year 2010, I have just ordered one, and can only change the personal settings with it, but cannot read errors or data

greetings from belgium

Luc.

J2534 v1.4.1.jpg

Did you apply the workarounds for getting it to run properly on i'm guessing, Windows 7?

Sadly it works best on Win XP, but anything newer there's a bunch of workaround steps.

• Like 1

I ordered it in China,it came with a cd,

J2534 MINI VCI Voor Toyota MINI VCI J2534 MINI-VCI FT232RL

the CD contains various versions of techstream and drivers for the cable   ,

it works under windows xp and windows 7 32 bits

if you installed the driver for the cable, you can check that the cable is connected, XHorse Electronics \ MVCI Driver for TOYOTA TIS ”
device info ,filmware 1.4.1,
and if i perform the cable test in the techstream program then i get as in the photo, k and l are not good

J2534-MINI-VCI-Voor-Toyota-MINI-VCI-J2534-MINI-VCI-FT232RL-voor-Toyota-TIS-MINI-VCI.jpg

I have to admit that I don't remember how I got everything working, but I am using an old Netbook with Windows XP. The only thing that let's the Netbook down is the screen resolution is a little low, but works fine most of the time. I have other diagnostic software loaded, and they work using another USB adapter. I think I did the Xhorse thing too. 
I was forced to use Techstream earlier this year, when I had a problem with EPB. I use my standalone Launch scanner to calibrate the EPB, but it did a reset and remove the zeropoint calibrations for clutch and g-force. I tried removing the the codes using the Launch, jumper link via the OBD and Delphi. That was when I went to Techstream. When I launch into Techstream, I do the usual -connect mini VCI cable to OBD socket, ignition on, confirm the make of the car, a menu option comes up with ' -11, 11-15, 15-', I choose '-11' and then on the next menu 'w/out smart key'. Then all the modules will appear. My car does not support all modules being a TR, if you click on a module not supported, you are notified.
Sorry I can't be more helpful, but I can only go by my setup.     

I bought one of these earlier this year:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/16-Pin-Mini-VCI-TIS-Techstream-v14-Version-fits-Toyota-Car-Single-Cable-12V/112063076923?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Works fine with both our 2012 Avensis and 2009 Auris, and doesn't need any workarounds to run on Windows 10 64-bit.

18 hours ago, yossarian247 said:

Works fine with both our 2012 Avensis and 2009 Auris, and doesn't need any workarounds to run on Windows 10 64-bit.

They updated the listing, so can't really see, what is the techstream version you have now?

On 11/3/2019 at 3:45 PM, mekanieker said:

and if i perform the cable test in the techstream program then i get as in the photo, k and l are not good

Just to add to the other responses, my 3 year old Techstream cable also shows exactly the same K and L errors on those 2 pins when the test is run (I returned my first one and bought a different brand when it failed this test, but the next one was the same!), but it works perfectly on our 2013 model cars.

I think the early OBD technology worked over K-line protocol, which was a slower, serial method that was replaced by the Canbus protocol around 2001 onwards, (depending on the car and manufacturer?).  For what it's worth, on our 2001 Corolla, our Techstream cable is completely useless, although its eBay listing specifically said it worked on K and L protocols on cars back to the 1990s.  But other, completely different, code readers work fine on the Corolla.

1 hour ago, furtula said:

They updated the listing, so can't really see, what is the techstream version you have now?

The Techstream version I have (bought back in March) appears to be quite old, its apparently v 10.10.018, but the driver for the cable is showing as 2.0.1.

I've sent the full setup disc to the OP by WeTransfer for them to try with their cable.

i have now installed it on windows 10 but still the same,

k and l line are red in the cable test. so the hardware is not compatible with my 2010 avensis

thanks to yossarian247 for sending the file

I have used my old XP netbook with techstream successfully on Avensis T27 2009 Valvematic, and 2011 Mk1 Auris Hybrid. Not sure if I tried it on my friends 2007 Prius. Unlike a standalone diagnostic reader, there are more to do when connecting to the car, but you can do far more. When I found out what version my cable is I will let you know. I have owned the cable for 4 years now.

The Mini vci does not support K and L lines it's the limitation of the chip, There are workarounds for TS in Windows 10 64 bit it's mainly the driver installation issues

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, flash22 said:

The Mini vci does not support K and L lines it's the limitation of the chip, There are workarounds for TS in Windows 10 64 bit it's mainly the driver installation issues

What do the K and L lines do? As I said earlier, I am using Windows XP 32 bit netbook, and everything works. I may have avoided the workarounds needed for Window 7 and 10. There is X-horse software loaded too.

K and L are older methods of communicating through obd2 (ISO_9141-2) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/On-board_diagnostics#OBD-II_signal_protocols

TS works on win 7 and 10 its just a driver issue, Xhorse is the driver software, the fix is nothing more than drag and dropping a few files into the correct places

• Thanks 1

• 6 months later...

really need someones help, i have downloaded v14 onto a laptop with windows 10 64 bit. I have it running on my old laptop windows 7 64 totally fine.

I have lost the cd that came with the mini vci j2534 that contained mvcifortoyota.msi file. Can anyone send me that file as it is not available anywhere on the net now.

any instructions or tips to install will be much appreciated..

Thanks

26 minutes ago, foru2justnv said:

really need someones help, i have downloaded v14 onto a laptop with windows 10 64 bit. I have it running on my old laptop windows 7 64 totally fine.

I have lost the cd that came with the mini vci j2534 that contained mvcifortoyota.msi file. Can anyone send me that file as it is not available anywhere on the net now.

any instructions or tips to install will be much appreciated..

Thanks

Private message sent.

• 2 weeks later...

Purely out of interest as I have downloaded Techstream in the past and had it running on my laptop with Windows 10.

Always though it asks for a specific official code that you have to enter to demonstrate that it's a legitimate fully purchased copy and that you are a proper garage etc. Without the particular code I could only run a highly reduced version of techstream which was pretty poor to be honest.

Have you all purchased the full programme with all the relevant passwords or codes and if so how. much does that cost, is it worth it.

If not how did you get around it.

The K and L line are used with the earlier OBD2 models like my 02 T22. It uses the ISO 9141-2 protocol like all of the T22s although I noticed some of the later 02 models, 52 plates, that they had some of the 2 wire hi/lo cabling used by canbus but whether that meant they actually used an early canbus version or the harnesses were starting to be made compliant for canbus in preparation for the T25 I'm not entirely sure.

Sent from my SM-A202F using Tapatalk

• 3 months later...

Hi 

I have a T25 2.0 D4D. I have connected Techstream(V13) to the car.  I am not able to view live data.  While when I connect to a T27 I am.  Is it possible on a T25?

Thanks 

This cable you winy be able to read codes and live data from engine it Jaś different can magistrala have the same issue.Solution is do example this cable

Wysłane z iPhone za pomocą Tapatalk

2 hours ago, matthewws said:

de98384c745f52a5001fddad85bccabc.jpg
Works Perfectly with car from2017

quick question i have a spare ssd for my laptop which i have techstream on it 64 bit windows 7.quick question is that i have 2 cables for it the one is a tacrtix cable and it seems to work with my set up i have like windows 7 64bit. plus a cable mini vci j2534 cable that i find that dont work at all. i was  wondering will techstream work better with a 32bit windows 7 system or 64bit windows 7 system 

Does some know If I change wheels to winter set with new TPMS on it Would I be able to read via tech serial Numbers ? Or only way would be phisically see and note on the rim the Numbers from TPMS wheel by wheel?

• 2 months later...
On 11/3/2019 at 10:19 AM, mekanieker said:

hi ,

greetings from belgium

Luc.

J2534 v1.4.1.jpg

i had problems with mine i had a spare ssd and put win7 32bit on it and works great on it