Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

IQ interior light fix

MarcusIQ

Hi everyone,

i have spent a bit of time trawling through all the discussion posts on this topic.  The interior light has been the most irritating aspect of what actually is, a great car!

I´m not an electrician but i have found a solution to massively increase the amount of light by upgrading the existing dome module.

All you need is basic competence and a few basic tools (flathead screwdriver, soldering iron, plyers, an easily available cheap LED module off ebay) and about an hour or two  of your time to do the work.

The result is a new LED fitted within the existing dome housing (with only slight modification) that does not blind you and lights up the cabin across both seats, the dash area and as high as both door handles.

So far it has been running fine in my 2009 IQ for the past 6 weeks.  The new LED even dims up and down when in operation.

I have attached two photos, one of the end result and one showing how it lights up the cabin (photo does not really do it justice).

I have put together a 12 page PDF with 12 steps to follow including detailed photos of each step.

Mod edit: charging members for the pdf contravenes the 'Buy & Sell' rules of Toyota Owners Club. If you wish to share the pdf, this will need to be at no cost to members. 

IMG_20191007_225557282.thumb.jpg.3d4581a18f84e1f58a063a13ce3977cf.jpgIMG_20191007_225928829.thumb.jpg.cd0d23050187a14c86566c9e0233477f.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Wow that looks a really good fix to the problem Marcus!!! I know my Mim has complained at how little light the car's interior has and has had me trying to figure out a better solution. I'd definitely be interested in seeing how you did it, I've not bought anything from this site so if there's a charge etc for the PFD I'd happily pay to be able to download it!!! 

Rich 😁😁

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links