Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Company Car Choices: Rav4, Corolla TS...Tesla?

JamKromium

Looks like I have the choice of the following if anyone has any advice/experience, all fairly similar monthly costs:

• Corolla Touring Sports (any trim) 1.8 or 2.0
  • RAV4 Design 2WD 2.5
  • Tesla Model 3 Standard Plus

My commute is 22 miles each way, mix of town with traffic spots 60%, motorway 40%. Occasional 200 mile trips required for work. 

Leaning towards the 2.0 Corolla TS at the moment due to performance and sound insulation/refinement. Have a feeling the RAV4 may be too thirsty although the size would be good as I'm 6 ft 2 and find I just fit comfortably in the TS head room wise!

Never driven a Tesla but a fully electric is feelinga bit out of my comfort zone at the moment!

Could also go for a Lexus UX but the rear seats/boot didn't seem practical for family trips away.

Any thoughts/tips appreciated!

Tesla Model 3 is interesting. The Standard Range Plus Battery model is the best value. It provides 240 miles of driving range, which should be enough for the majority of drivers. This model also comes with desirable features such as heated front seats and navigation.

Some benefits of owning a Tesla car:

• Cheaper to own/better use of money.
  • Less time spent servicing.
  • Less time spent fuelling.
  • One of the safest cars around.
  • Helps to reduce climate change.

https://www.igorbnews.com/2019/11/tesla-stock-interesting-investment.html

Hi, 

Tesla no doubt is the best performance car here, but it’s not the car for everyone. Firstly EV’s are only suitable for people with own house with garage or driveways, charging at night at best rates, secondly despite Model 3 is better than Mode S in terms of interior space still not the best especially on rear seats , very uncomfortable for any adults to seat for more than half an hour, floor pan too high and you will get knees pain very easily. Lack of any control buttons on the dash may cause also an inconvenience to hard users, changing climate control settings or even opening the front boot door it’s all touch screen or app use via smartphone. Also I have no idea about how it is going to work as company car, best is to try them all and decide for yourself. All 3 options are good, just get the one that most suits your needs. Rav 4 if you drive on bad roads, Tesla if you mostly drive in towns or between and Corolla 2.0 TS in higher trim Design at least if you are driving motorways, forgot to mention that evs are loosing range if exclusively driven on motorway and specifically in rain and cold weather, the range can easily go down from 240 to 180 or less miles. In terms of service all 3 require minimal  time spent in garage, yes Tesla probably will never need anything for the time you have it but Toyotas will need an oil change every 12 months or 10k miles. 
Good luck with any of them, they are all good and my favourite new cars at the moment.