Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Connected Services

GilesC

Anyone have a number (UK) I can call to get my car activated on connected services? I have contacted local dealer, but they don't appear to know how.

You can do that yourself via MyToyota / My Vehicle. Follow the instructions there.

On 11/5/2019 at 12:57 PM, rafletcher said:

You can do that yourself via MyToyota / My Vehicle. Follow the instructions there.

The instructions there say (and I said, my dealer doesn't know how).

Connect your car

Congratulations, you have a car that can be connected to the My T app and all its services. However, before you can use the app, you have to go to your dealer so they may activate your car.

Hmm, when I did it it gave me the option of doing it online or in the car (having linked my phone to the car wifi). Unfortunately as I've connected mine the instructions have diappeared"  Ah - the bit you've pasted mentions the app - have you tried the MyToytota website?

8 hours ago, GilesC said:

Anyone have a number (UK) I can call to get my car activated on connected services? I have contacted local dealer, but they don't appear to know how.

What dealer are you using ?

I had the same experience as GilesC. The dealer (well, the salesman, who perhaps didn't know everything) couldn't understand what was required as they apparently have no way of "activating" anything.

In the end I didn't pursue the matter because I only have a limited data allowance with my smartphone so can't use these online services anyway. I was just curious to see what was available and if I *might* use it on the odd occasion. 

Sorry this is of no actual help, I just wanted to confirm it's not just you having this problem. 

The dealer can do it, the service department have to do it.
I had an issue with mine where the connected services where linked to a different email address than what I had setup for myt.
It took a little while but they did do it. If you contact Toyota direct they will just say speak to the dealer.

On 11/5/2019 at 7:33 PM, Devon Aygo said:

What dealer are you using ?

Snows Toyota Paignton

Two separate toyota dealers did not know what 'connected services' are and how to activate them.

There is a bit of confusion at the dealers about how to do it and the multi-step process does not help.
This video explains the process:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfnT6hoyWVc

• Customer registers at the My Toyota portal
  • Customer adds the car to My Toyota portal
  • Car needs to be verified by the code from V5 or at the Toyota dealer
    Once verified, car can be connected to the wifi (customer needs to use My Toyota portal login)
    This will allow to use traffic and speed cameras, and google search, and upload / download car configuration.
  • To activate ‘connected services’ (for Driving Analytics), any Toyota dealer needs to connect ‘My Toyota’ account to the specific car and then the car will report it’s driving data back to My Toyota portal, this is done on the internal Toyota system. Car does not need to go to the dealer.
    Confusingly, connected services do not need wifi connectivity and use car in built GPS connection, as no other informarion is uploaded.
    Would be great if they could appload the MPG and fule level for example, once car is connected to wifi, but with the current headunit it would not be consistent.

I activated 'connected services' by calling this number
For help with phone connectivity, navigation and My Toyota:
Open Monday to Friday from 9:30am - 5pm
0344 701 6202

Used it for a month now and sometimes it takes a few hours for information to be visible in MyT app.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SponsorUK said:

Two separate toyota dealers did not know what 'connected services' are and how to activate them.

There is a bit of confusion at the dealers about how to do it and the multi-step process does not help.
This video explains the process:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfnT6hoyWVc

• Customer registers at the My Toyota portal
  • Customer adds the car to My Toyota portal
  • Car needs to be verified by the code from V5 or at the Toyota dealer
    Once verified, car can be connected to the wifi (customer needs to use My Toyota portal login)
    This will allow to use traffic and speed cameras, and google search, and upload / download car configuration.
  • To activate ‘connected services’ (for Driving Analytics), any Toyota dealer needs to connect ‘My Toyota’ account to the specific car and then the car will report it’s driving data back to My Toyota portal, this is done on the internal Toyota system. Car does not need to go to the dealer.
    Confusingly, connected services do not need wifi connectivity and use car in built GPS connection, as no other informarion is uploaded.
    Would be great if they could appload the MPG and fule level for example, once car is connected to wifi, but with the current headunit it would not be consistent.

I activated 'connected services' by calling this number
For help with phone connectivity, navigation and My Toyota:
Open Monday to Friday from 9:30am - 5pm
0344 701 6202

Used it for a month now and sometimes it takes a few hours for information to be visible in MyT app.

And that has done the trick, I either now need to wait 24 hours, or drive around for a while for the activation to complete. I've also sent these instructions to the local dealer.

Go for the drive. I called toyota support at 11am and drove 7 miles at 4pm and it was all activated soon after, and my last trip was added to MyT app.

• 4 months later...

Haven't got my car yet but just checking out connected services.

Can anyone answer these questions?

Who is the provider for the data services in the uk?

Can I use my mobile data instead?

Any idea where I can find prices?

Connected servcies do not cost anything to you, it is built into the car and also works fine abroad (mainland EU). It does not use your phone data connection and car does not need to be connected to internet for it to work.

I don't think it does for connected services, for stanav yes. Alot of my journies I do not have the car connected to bluetooth and they all appear in MyT app very quickly.
I think we need one of the Toyota guys to confirm.

On 11/5/2019 at 1:06 PM, GilesC said:

The instructions there say (and I said, my dealer doesn't know how).

Connect your car

Congratulations, you have a car that can be connected to the My T app and all its services. However, before you can use the app, you have to go to your dealer so they may activate your car.

You don't need to go to your dealer, but you do have to contact them. They will do something at their end.

• Like 1