Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I've got just over £2200 to spend

RikMRon

I do one or two 1 to 2 hundred mile journeys a month, but mostly local.

I've read several posts on this forum and there seems a vast knowledge of what I'd be buying into, I would like to thank you know for your replies.

Thanks

Rik

Petrol or diesel, auto or manual, max mileage and colour ?

it's a bit like going into a paint shop and asking for a tin of paint and not telling them what its for or the colour

I'd be inclined to avoid diesel versions as those with potential head gasket issues are in this price range -  see 

Hiya and welcome , this site is indeed great....

I have a 2006 petrol auto 4 door and you will read that generally the engines are bombproof ( fingers crossed ) ...

Mine's doing fine touch wood ; though a bad batch of diesels approx.2006 - 2009 so beware ; but not all of them...

They are not very economical( a big old engine now ) and a bit noisy on older models compared with other cars...

Mine is auto - anywhere from 26 to 36 mpg depending on time of year and yer right hoof....

But you'll find people here love them ; me too ; very comfortable ; powerful enough ; loads of space ; 

And if I could buy a new mk 2 or mk3  I would genuinely buy one tomorrow....

I had a mk4 for awhile ; great car but NO character...

If I didn't already have mine, I would go for the 2nd on the list.  I agree the petrol is a better prospect, because of reliability and repair costs of the diesel.

2004 petrol 44000 m done

just under £3000, not 12 months see advisorys and what it failed on what do you think?

Screenshot_20191108-201305.png

Screenshot_20191108-201512.png

i wouldn't touch that, bald tires all round, and it's been up a curb hard and an unsafe modification, in other words it's been driven like that - if it's been treated like that you can be sure it hasn't been serviced

on another note has it just been slapped together cheaply to get it through an MOT

I get a feeling that is a trade or auction car

Edit, that's worth around the £2200-2500 retail and £800-1000 trade

I wouldn't touch that with a 10ft pole, maybe for a  grand but not for 3.