Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Warning lights

TraceyH

Hi I have an Urban Cruiser, today the VSC light is flashing off, there is a light with 4WD on, there is the sliding car light on and also the engine management is on. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you. 

Possible regeneration of the diesel particulate filter needed??? 

See:  

• 3 months later...

Hi.

Has anyone managed to resolve this issue? I recently bought a urban cruiser d4d,and today while driving the engine cut out, with all the lights that people are mentioning on the dashboard. Took a while to start again but got there eventually. Drove to the nearest garage,the car drove like normal  only all the lights were still on the dash. Managed to plug it in to the computer and a few faults came up. Got them wiped but is this problem going to keep happening and did anyone else's engine cut out.

Thanks

• 1 year later...

I had the exact same thing happen for the first time last year. I was sat at a stand still and the eco function kicked in and the engine turned off, as normal, however it would not come back on and the above engine lights showed up. I managed to get it home and had a mechanic come and look at it. He also reset the warning lights and it drove fine for around 7 months. 

Today the same thing happened again. The engine cut out and wouldn't come back on. I waited a while and tried again and managed to get it up the road, however it eventually rolled to a stand still.. engine still on, and i was in first gear, but no gas coming through. I managed to get it to roll to the side of the road where I eventually turned the engine of. This made me think its something to do with the petrol? It felt like it was going through intermittent stages of petrol not feeding through. 

I have a mechanic coming back out Monday and I'm hoping to get to the bottom of it as this is becoming a bit of a nightmare! 

Has anyone else found what the issue is? 

• 10 months later...

Hi there,

I have a Toyota Urban Cruiser 1.33 Petrol MY 2011. It has developed the same issue. VSC light is flashing, Traction light and engine light are On. Mine drives fine with theses lights On but two years ago had a similar issue were the car stalls while waiting in traffic and it rattles when got it moving. The issue disappeared after a stop at the service.

Someone on YouTube mentioned these lights can come on when fuel cap is loose or an oxygen sensor faulty.

I have read somewhere that the rattling issue could be due to engine misfire or spark plugs.

Have you managed to get to the bottom of the issue?

• 2 months later...
On 12/16/2021 at 11:36 PM, Reb84 said:

Hi there,

I have a Toyota Urban Cruiser 1.33 Petrol MY 2011. It has developed the same issue. VSC light is flashing, Traction light and engine light are On. Mine drives fine with theses lights On but two years ago had a similar issue were the car stalls while waiting in traffic and it rattles when got it moving. The issue disappeared after a stop at the service.

Someone on YouTube mentioned these lights can come on when fuel cap is loose or an oxygen sensor faulty.

I have read somewhere that the rattling issue could be due to engine misfire or spark plugs.

Have you managed to get to the bottom of the issue?

Hi did you find out why this happened...I have a petrol urbancruiser and same this has happened....if I disconnect Battery lights go off for a day but come back on again

You need to run a diagnostic to see the fault codes and then fix the issue. Carista obd 2 from Amazon or similar obd 2 scan tool can help. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links