Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Rav 4 Touch 2 Rebooting

Carl R

Since the start of the week my Touch 2 unit just keeps locking up and rebooting, this is on the new Rav4 and in a 40 min journey it rebooted around 15 times today. No radio, Nav or parking sensors will work when it is doing it. The unit is pretty poor generally but this is just a joke as it has 2000 miles on the clock and already faults like this.

At least they can then set up the apps as I understand a dealer needs to do this as well as setting up window closure via the remote when locking the car!

I would suggest you download the MyT app to your phone, login to it add your VIN details. This should give you the ability to see details for your car.

Once registered you then go into your car setup your mobile for bluetooth. Then in the Touch 2 menu somewhere you can register MyT app. From then on your mobile should talk to the car.

Now my app allows me to change settings for the car, like 'all doors unlock', how long interior light stays on for, etc etc. There is also the option to send the latest Touch 2 software to your car. So I can do some adjustments on the mobile, and I assume when I next start the car, the mobile and Touch 2 synchronise with each other.

It could be you need the latest software for your Touch 2.

I hope you get it solved.

The above works, but the dealer needs to set something up at there end for the My T app to link to the car. 
I think they also need to associate your VIN and email address. Most dealers seem to do this pre delivery. Mine didn’t and I was tearing my hair out with My T until i read another post on here. 

On ‎11‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 8:04 AM, pany said:

The above works, but the dealer needs to set something up at there end for the My T app to link to the car. 
I think they also need to associate your VIN and email address. Most dealers seem to do this pre delivery. Mine didn’t and I was tearing my hair out with My T until i read another post on here. 

Yes that's correct and my dealer didn't have a clue how to do it. They gave me a phone number at Toyota and when I rang them they where able to do whatever was required immediately.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/17/2019 at 9:12 AM, roadster-rav said:

Yes that's correct and my dealer didn't have a clue how to do it. They gave me a phone number at Toyota and when I rang them they where able to do whatever was required immediately.

Could you share the phone number here please. My Touch 2 keeps going back to the home screen from whatever screen I am on. I noticed that the satnav goes back to north up in the home screen as well so maybe some kind of reset. It happens every few minutes. I am also not getting traffic announcements. I noticed it was only set for DAB announcements so turned that off and set FM announcements on but still no announcements.

2 hours ago, Tomfromfife said:

Could you share the phone number here please. My Touch 2 keeps going back to the home screen from whatever screen I am on. I noticed that the satnav goes back to north up in the home screen as well so maybe some kind of reset. It happens every few minutes. I am also not getting traffic announcements. I noticed it was only set for DAB announcements so turned that off and set FM announcements on but still no announcements.

Sorry I've hunted around but don't seem to have kept the phone number. As far as I know it isn't going to address the North up issue and its only the maps that get updated not the device firmware. If your dealer isn't helpful you should be able to contact Toyota via their web site.

https://www.toyota.co.uk/contact-us/

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links