Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Replacing clutch kit, replace DMF as well?

Perfection

Experienced a few judder when pull away in 1st gear in the morning when cold, after warm up it was ok.

The car had covered 75k miles on original clutch I believe. 

When replacing the clutch, does anyone have any opinion or experience to whether I need to replace the dmf at the same time?

Toyota quoted £1000 just got the clutch, parts and labor.

If the clutch is ragged, so will the dual mass. To not do it at the same time is madness. Labour will swamp the cost of the parts.

I'd expect to pay about £300 in parts for both the dual mass and the clutch kit. Plus some oil and other little bits.

Labour I would guess at about 11 hours. Whatever someone wants for that is their call.

• 1 month later...

I purchased  the LUK 3 piece clutch kit (£200) and DMF (£400) to have my mechanic fitted. Labour paid £180.

The mechanic called me and said the original DMF is like brand new. He suggested not to replace it as it's nothing wrong with it, car done 77k miles.

But I said go ahead and replace it anyway as I already purchased the DMF, which I don't think I can return for refund. I now have got a good dmf for sale. 

During the work, the mechanic had to removed the subframe. This seems to have disturbed the tracking of the car. But it's all fine now after tracking done.

The four screws that secure the under tray ( or call the under cowl?) all snapped off, half of the screws broken and remained in the hole. It basically all corroded. But the mechanic managed to reuse the half thread screws. But not ideal. 

Any suggestions to for better solution to deal with these snapped screws?