Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Any good 3rd party accessories found for 2019 Rav4?

Ezcritique

In my trusty Passat I was doing astronomical mileage and soon wore out the carpets... Changed to a supplier of looped pvc mats which simply shake out or can be jetwashed.. Very durable and hard wearing and I'm just awaiting delivery of an entire set of mats for the Rav... Just in time for winter. I'll post some pics when they arrive. 

Can anyone else advise if they have upgraded/changed anything for the better from a 3rd party supplier?  Head units, lights, anything..... 

Loads of options on Wish. Haven't seen much on aftermarket accessories site yet

• Like 1

Because I now have the sunroof I lost the sunglasses storage that the 2018 model had. So I found this on eBay for £4.77 I cut the bottom extension off, put Velcro pads on and it fits perfectly behind the Touch2 screen. Perfect height and length and it doesn’t look bad. I only used one of them.

bad.5C13023A-FAC7-4B67-8884-5F1C0F784D48.thumb.jpeg.9ca392e96b5dde0d6a091175d7fd3814.jpege

• Like 1

Nice one Scottydog.. Can you post a link? If its not allowed then msg me with it please.. 

On 11/9/2019 at 9:59 AM, Scottydog007 said:

Because I now have the sunroof I lost the sunglasses storage that the 2018 model had. So I found this on eBay for £4.77 I cut the bottom extension off, put Velcro pads on and it fits perfectly behind the Touch2 screen. Perfect height and length and it doesn’t look bad. I only used one of them.

bad.5C13023A-FAC7-4B67-8884-5F1C0F784D48.thumb.jpeg.9ca392e96b5dde0d6a091175d7fd3814.jpege

I cannot seem to get the link to this, but you may find it under the title -

Car Seat Gap Catcher Storage Box Organizer Coin Console Side Pocket

tomorrow I’ll add a photo of it in position in my car. Cheers.

On 11/9/2019 at 9:59 AM, Scottydog007 said:

Because I now have the sunroof I lost the sunglasses storage ...

Mine doesn't have a sun roof, but I also lost the glasses holder.  I've seen other posts where people thought it was due to having the JBL upgrade - which I do have but only because I wanted the panoramic view monitor - only available as a package which includes both.

I thought the test drive car (a Dynamic with the panoramic roof) did have the glasses holder.  It's possible I saw it in the Design model in the showroom which didn't have a sunroof - I definitely saw the glasses holder in one of them.

A couple of photos of the new mats as promised... Ready for winter inside cabin though I know I could have mopped it first!!

Company called Nicoman does a custom fit in a variety of colours for the Rav and, indeed, any other car. 

IMG_20191113_075108.jpg

IMG_20191113_075042.jpg

Looks like there's still a distinct lack of available accessories or moss in the UK as yet.... No doubt the Canadian/American market which is undoubtedly much bigger may be a source for future. I'm thinking maybe people are still just acquainting themselves with their cars "as purchased" and there maybe not quite the demand for such things yet here in the UK??? 

Activated Carbon pollen filter, to reduce the odour (especially when stuck behind a diesel car) on the cold days, when air is taken from outside.
Always used Hengst or mann, whichever is cheaper at the time, both very good quality and the perfect fit.
Got this one recently: Hengst E4959LC and it is much better at removing odour then the original from the factory.
https://www.hengst.com/en/online-catalog/product/7809310000-00/
Can be had under £13 from a well know online auction site.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Genuine-HENGST-Pollen-Cabin-Interior-Air-Filter-E4959LC-Top-German-Quality/193161029914?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649
Toyota has two part numbers
8713928020 - plain
8713958010  - Activated carbon
However, 8713958010 is not available in the UK, at least at my dealer network.

This pollen filter is the same for all TNGA platform cars – Prius MK4, CH-R, Corolla and RAV4 MK5

Also waiting for the boot liner frogum TM413221 to be available in the UK. They are better quality then originals, very good fit and usually cheaper.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SponsorUK said:

Activated Carbon pollen filter, to reduce the odour (especially when stuck behind a diesel car) on the cold days, when air is taken from outside....

I know what you mean, although I find because my a/c is on all the time with the climate set to Auto/ECO/S-Flow, I can usually get away with using RECIRC for shortish periods (sometimes even quite long periods).

I tried to get an Active Carbon filter via my dealer a few years ago, and they said they couldn't get them then.  While they probably help with particulates and maybe some of the smell, I'm not sure about NOx and other gases.  However, I'll certainly think about getting one when my first service comes up and ask my dealer to pop it in then.

I have the Hengst carbon in my yaris, personally i like the Mahle filters if i can get them at reasonable cost

I did a cross ref for the carbon filter for the Rav4 A5

LEXUS 87139-48050-79
LEXUS 8713948050
LEXUS 8713958010
TOYOTA  87139 48050
TOYOTA 87139-0K070
TOYOTA  87139 58010
TOYOTA  87139 28020
TOYOTA

87139-F4020

it looks like Toyota have supperseded the part numbers with 87139-YZZ** (**. is a 2 digit number

I have several things on the way.. this arrived today, will clean the car inside first and see if they fit and how they look. Went for a highlight colour to match the colour of my car.

Complete set of rubber mats for all interior cubbies in the car......

mats.jpg

On 11/22/2019 at 3:50 PM, Rav Rob said:

I have several things on the way.. this arrived today, will clean the car inside first and see if they fit and how they look. Went for a highlight colour to match the colour of my car.

Complete set of rubber mats for all interior cubbies in the car......

mats.jpg

I like it, for such a tiny sum, the Blue hylighrs look good considering the similar colour of my car.. other colours available.

mats2.jpg

I added an LED lamp in armrest compartment. It is very cheap and easy to do.

IMG_1051.thumb.jpg.90317d8ff07dfafba3d7b14c956988ee.jpg IMG_1053.thumb.JPG.8480ac654024d63d97e083fabffcb90b.JPG IMG_1075.thumb.jpg.e8df29ca6703b734884e5df7cd11551e.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Today's arrival, a new tray insert for the centre armrest, the existing one is very shallow and short and the many cards I carry slide off and disappear into the stuff I keep in the big space so I have to hunt for them. annoying.

This is a full length tray, fits perfect without blocking sockets, you can also still fit the original tray for very small bits if you want. Comes in a choice of different colour rubber mats, I got Blue of course (see my avatar) Feels pretty robust. £5.84.

1067679947_ravtray1.thumb.jpg.af14166d667c15dd0266cc7ed6305610.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rav Rob said:

Today's arrival, a new tray insert for the centre armrest, the existing one is very shallow and short and the many cards I carry slide off and disappear into the stuff I keep in the big space so I have to hunt for them. annoying.

This is a full length tray, fits perfect without blocking sockets, you can also still fit the original tray for very small bits if you want. Comes in a choice of different colour rubber mats, I got Blue of course (see my avatar) Feels pretty robust. £5.84.

1067679947_ravtray1.thumb.jpg.af14166d667c15dd0266cc7ed6305610.jpg

Do you have a link to this please. looks a great upgrade.

thanks

Richard

1 hour ago, BigR1ch said:

Do you have a link to this please. looks a great upgrade.

thanks

Richard

In eBay search using RAV4 2019 Armrest Tray, there are loads of the blighters, red, blue, white, green.

....... hold on not green, I lied.

6 hours ago, Scottydog007 said:

In eBay search using RAV4 2019 Armrest Tray, there are loads of the blighters, red, blue, white, green.

....... hold on not green, I lied.

Indeed, mainly shipped from China so expect a bit of a long wait. Especially this time of year as china post chokes a bit with Christmas demand.

I got mine on Aliexpress (from China) as I am used to using it a lot, a shade cheaper.

Another Question has anyone sourced an alternative to the expensive Toyota Door Sill protectors, there doesn't seem to be many options currently available?

thanks in advance

Thanks for that, the link takes you to aliexpress which appears to have quite a few accessories / mods for the Rav..  Great stuff, though I'll take your advice re Christmas waits on board and probably wait till January. 

On 11/25/2019 at 6:08 PM, Rob88 said:

fitted boot liner. Not bought one yet, tempted though. Not cheap but look good quality 

https://www.hatchbag.co.uk/toyota-rav4-2019-onwards

I've used https://www.boot-buddy.com/ on previous cars as they are really well built, but with the shape of the RAV4 boot not sure they would be the best option, might look at Hatchbag. thanks