Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The silliest most annoying thing about the 2019 Rav4 is...

Ezcritique

There was no problem fitting it to mine and there seems to be plenty of room. I’m wondering if it was the previous model this was the case.

9E38A852-CEEF-4112-8A22-8B2E435D40A7.jpeg

2 hours ago, Marmitek said:

There was no problem fitting it to mine and there seems to be plenty of room. I’m wondering if it was the previous model this was the case.

That was the case on the 4.3 - the full length side steps made the front mudflaps pretty much redundant though some owners did cut them to fit.

I had side steps on my 4.3 (no mudflaps) but found them more a hindrance than a help, so have mudflaps and no side steps on my 4.4 (easier to get in and out) - I don't know whether I could have both!

Seeing the picture of the caravan reminded me something. I got the Toyota tow bar fitted and this was probably the highest I have ever paid for any cars I have had. About £700.

Now previous cars when I have attached a trailer and connected the plug for lights, indicators etc. the dashboard would let me know I have a trailer on and all is working well. Why do Toyota cars not do this? Massively irritating. I now have to test lights and indicators before pulling away.

Though I have to say I do love my 2019 model.

9 hours ago, Marmitek said:

Thank you for that. 

I have just phoned my local Toyota dealer, who looked again at the fitting and he said he could not find why Toyota had said "flaps and side steps could not be fitted together.

He is sending me the fitting instructions so that I can make my own mind up.

On 11/18/2019 at 10:05 PM, greigster said:

If you have the Toyota side steps fitted, you cannot have front mudflaps and of course vice versa. 

I was told this when I ordered, so I went for front/rear mudflaps instead. I believe that side steps aren't strong enough for a 100KG slob like me when accessing a roof box or bike holder. I also wanted the pan roof, but a spare wheel is far more important. As for JBL, my hearing isn't brilliant and I can't really tell the difference. My girlfriend says that the standard audio in my RAV4 is just as good as the JBL in her Prius T-Spirit.

On 11/19/2019 at 5:01 PM, greigster said:

I know!

My Rav4.5 has side steps and I asked if they would fit mudflaps.......they can only fit the rear as the fronts are not compatible with the side steps. Great design planning Toyota. 

Mine has side steps and mudflaps. Front and rear

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, MrNuts said:

Mine has side steps and mudflaps. Front and rear

It seems that the main dealers are not up to speed with what can/cannot be fitted.

Thanks for your reply, I have the fitting instructions from my local main dealer parts department so I think I will order them and fit them myself.

Actually something that is NOT silly!  ...had some time to kill today and was as often I do, taking my lunch parked up in the car. Movie time!

rav mov123759.jpg

22 minutes ago, Rav Rob said:

Actually something that is NOT silly!  ...had some time to kill today and was as often I do, taking my lunch parked up in the car. Movie time!

A 2011 Yaris I used to own (and my ex still does!) could play DVDs on the screen while parked.

I'm driving a 19 plate Lexus UX F-Sport FWD today and tomorrow while my dealer does a Brake Booster Pump Recall, and that's got it's fair share of pluses and minuses:

• mirrors don't auto fold - really???  nearly £40k car in 2019? - and you have to press the button to fold them before switching off
  • all switches on armrest are illuminated
  • it does have the kick sensor for opening the boot hands free (RAV4s in the USA get this)
  • it has a button that makes engine noises inside the car via the audio Speakers (I kid you not!) - also has flappy paddles and makes gear change noises when you use them
  • in Sport mode, the Hybrid System Indicator that surrounds the digital speedometer turns into a rev counter (this can be turned on permanently in the menus if desired)
  • both front seats are electric (so is the steering column reach and rake) but no memory for either - even the >£40k top model only has memory for the driver side
  • no spare wheel or gunge - run-flat tyres instead
  • the SatNav is a nightmare - like the latest RAV4, it doesn't have numerals and alpha on the same keyboard, but with a touchpad by the gear lever instead of a touch screen it takes 3 or 4 movements and a click every time you switch between the numeric kepyad and alpha one - yuk big time!
  • it does display all four tyre pressures on the dash

All-in-all, I'll be glad to get my RAV4 back tomorrow or Friday.

Oh yes, and it doesn't have a speed limiter, although since like the latest RAV4 the Cruise Control can be set to 20 mph (or even 18) it's less of a disappointment - in my previous Gen 4 Prius where CC couldn't be set below 28 mph, the speed limiter was a godsend in 20 zones.

2 hours ago, PeteB said:

A 2011 Yaris I used to own (and my ex still does!) could play DVDs on the screen while parked.

My Outlander could do the same. This is one step up in that you can play more formats straight from a USB stick. The sound system is excellent by the way for this purpose.