Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota locking wheel nuts

RNE

Hi can anyone shed some light on locking wheel nut info, I have a rav4 2006 mk2 3door, I hone Toyota for part number there gave me PZ4AK-EV025-00 and said no longer available, ordered some on eBay PZ4AK-EV026-00 but was send PW456-00002 any one know  what numbers mean, I am now completely confused, are the one I’ve been sent correct or not should I just return, rav has original wheels, any help would be appreciated 

14 hours ago, RNE said:

Hi can anyone shed some light on locking wheel nut info, I have a rav4 2006 mk2 3door, I hone Toyota for part number there gave me PZ4AK-EV025-00 and said no longer available, ordered some on eBay PZ4AK-EV026-00 but was send PW456-00002 any one know  what numbers mean, I am now completely confused, are the one I’ve been sent correct or not should I just return, rav has original wheels, any help would be appreciated 

I guess I would study the seating area of the locking nut and see if it matches that of standard nuts. If not, I definitely would question this.

I hope you resolve this.

Thanks for reply, The seating area looks the same angle, the difference is the washer is about 3mm smaller and threaded stem 3mm shorter from washer to end, not sure looks ok but do know if it would have any effect on retaining wheel, thanks 

When I do a google it seems PW456- is definite for a Toyota and Lexus. But then there are too many variants for all the vehicles which I find strange. When I have been asked to design things for many platforms I am asked to make them common across all, seems Toyota did not do this with wheel nuts.

I cannot find any information for PW456-00002 but for PW456-00003 I find these are used for RAV4 2016. - 2012.

I personally would feel uncomfortable putting these on considering safety issues. Fasteners are designed to stretch which puts a pre-load on, and so takes a certain amount of friction and torque to undo them. If you do use them why not put a pen mark on them so you can check periodically if they are moving.

if you can send them back, I would do this myself.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links