Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auris mileage

I have a 2017 Auris 1.6 diesel business edition which has a discrepancy in the mileage. In March of this year it had its second service at a mileage of just over 16500 miles. Today the mileometer says 30564 but the trip meter zeroed after last service says I've done 6615 miles. Anyone else have this problem? Cars booked into local Toyota dealers next Friday for investigation. 

Is it likely that you've covered 14k since March? The most likely explanation is that the odometer is correct but the tripmeter has previously zero'd itself. Has the Battery ever been disconnected or perhaps run flat? That will zero the trip meter. I have heard of Auris tripmeters spontaneously zeroing themselves for no apparent reason too.

Meter resets after 9999 miles as said above, and it's possible you reset it sometime in between, therefore the discrepancy in miles.

Also as said above, the car is known to reset the trip meter by itself, i have had this happen numerous times during cold months since my Battery was getting old, and the major drain on trying to crank it would reset it. From what i know, this "feature" was newer fixed, and should be present in your car aswell.

Doesn't the tripmeter record up to  9,999?

Service intervals are 12 months or 10,000 miles, whichever occurs first. If you have done 14,000 miles since the last service, you're 4,000 miles over the service interval.

Hi

I have a Toyota Hybrid 69 plate.  I have noticed the mileage is more on my day to day journey. A journey which is 8.23 miles is coming between 11 or 12 miles.

I've owner the car two months and it states I’ve done 2099 miles.

anyone else having this problem? 

Which model is the car - Yaris, Camry, C-HR, Corolla, Prius, or Rav4? 

If you've only had the car two months, book it into your Toyota dealer to have it looked at under warranty.

The bcm and ecu both contain the mileage as well as the cluster its self Toyota should be able to sort it out under warranty if your dealer has half a clue

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links