Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2013 Yaris 6 year service costs

Ray Bush

Hi ,I hope i'm in the right area.

My little Yaris with 21000 miles is due for it's 6 year service . I only cover about 1500 miles a year (at the most) so really the oil doesn't get dirty .What i'm trying to find out is ,  the price that I've found for a 6 year service is about £295.00 incl vat ,is that price about right ,or, are there any other more cost effective options and places to get a service done to Toyota standards and content. 

Thanks

You can register for Toyota's 5+ Club, and get 20% off services and MOT's. See 

If you only do 1,500/year, I take it that you’ not the only person to have owned it?

At that age you won’t be tied to Toyota for the sake of your warranty so you could take it anywhere you want.

The car has one other owner and had it serviced by Toyota .All i'm trying to find is (if possible) a cheaper alternative . I understand that the Five + club may be an alternative ? ,if my local dealer identifies it.

The Yaris is a simple vehicle, you can safely get it serviced by the usual big chains like National or F1, something like £160 for a full service at my local village garage.
I do 12k annually and now on 120k without any issues, never serviced it by Mr T.

Maybe the oil does not get dirty due to low mileage, but there could well be water in it due to condensation through standing and then not running  hardly.

And depends what Toyota service the car has - Intermediate or Full..... I think intermediate with Toyotoa maybe around the £180 mark, maybe a bit lower.

Here is a link so you can put the cr details in and you get a Toyota price shown.  Akso on the link is details of the 5+ service mentioned earlier           https://www.toyota.co.uk/owners/service-mot-maintenance/servicing

• Like 2

If you choose to go down the independent route, see whether relatives or friends, etc can recommend one that they've used.

You could "join" the 5+ Club and receive a 20% discount on servicing and MOTs, if you wish to use a Toyota dealer. Full price at the moment is £165 intermediate and £295 full. £132 and £236 respectively after discount. You need to check if the dealer will honour the discount first, I belive it's not obligatory for them.

I would personally stay away from the big chains (sharp intake of breath, you need this and that the other doing, sir/madam, whether it needs doing or not!) and if an independent is peferred use one from personal recomendations from people who have used them.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, mrpj said:

I would personally stay away from the big chains (sharp intake of breath, you need this and that the other doing, sir/madam, whether it needs doing or not

I know that my local Toyota dealer have done that, too.

On 11/11/2019 at 11:05 AM, Stivino said:

I know that my local Toyota dealer have done that, too.

Mine too! Tried it on last Feb. when there for inter. service and MOT. I would still stay away from the big chains though.😂

Find a reliable local independent. I have two Yaris, one, an 08 model with 48K miles, another 10 model with 100K miles. I look after them myself. Apart from a few replacement parts, a wheel bearing and a clutch, have just changed oil and filters regularly. Front Brakes replaced last year. Both in great shape.

• 2 weeks later...