Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Aygo leaks in later 16/17 Reg Xplays?

colouredman

Hi, 

Just need some advice please. I intend buying my wife a small city car. I drive a Yaris which I’ve had for 7 years and it’s been superb; bombproof. But she fancies the Aygo coz it’s slightly smaller. She wants the 3 door Xplay, 16/17 Reg, and we have £5000 to £6000 to spend on it, but my questions are these?

1. Are the Argos of the above years (16/17) still plagued by water ingress problems suffered by previous earlier Aygos?

2. Can we expect good overall reliability? I know it will be under warranty at this age but still don’t wanna be forever takin it to main dealer.

3. Anything to be especially diligent about?

Thank you; any help/advice much appreciated.

Tim

I bought mine new in August 2016 - so 3.25 years old. No water leaks. Only issue was one of the O2 sensors failing - fixed under warranty. Otherwise absolutely fine. 

No reports of water leaks on the Honest John review either.

Had mine nearly a month, washed it with a jet was, had loads of normal rain and downpours, no problems 

15 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

I bought mine new in August 2016 - so 3.25 years old. No water leaks. Only issue was one of the O2 sensors failing - fixed under warranty. Otherwise absolutely fine. 

No reports of water leaks on the Honest John review either.

Thank you. I’ll re-read that review.

15 hours ago, simon p said:

Had mine nearly a month, washed it with a jet was, had loads of normal rain and downpours, no problems 

Thank you👍🏽

Not exactly, but similar, we have a Peugeot 107 (2008) and 108 1.0 (late 2014) in the family, and as you say the 107s etc were plagued with leak problems, thankfully ours has been ok, but has been garaged all its life, which I think makes a difference. Having worked on both cars, pulling trim and seals doing this and that, from what I have seen our 108 has better seals and water proofing compared to our 107, so think they learned the lessons, also as said I not heard of any major leak problems with the new generation of cars.

In terms of reliability, the 108 (1.0) we have had for over 2 years now and it been spot on, no problems, same with our 107 which we owned from new, had no issues at all, to be fair one reasons we got 107 was knowing the Toyota involvement with the mechanicals etc. and thus when my sister wanted a new car the 108 with toyota 1.0 was a first choice, showed her all the siblings, but she preferred the Peugeot styling. 

Hi,

Water leaks are no longer a problem on the second generation of Aygos. Same thing for the water pump.

However, the clutch is still an issue. Check out ads, you will see that many Aygos have had their clutch replaced very early, especially those driven in-town.

Apart from that, it is a good reliable car.