Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sat nav issues

Dnyc08

Hi all 

just bought a 2017 chr which didn’t have sat nav so we asked the Toyota dealer to install one which we paid for. Picked the car up and put the nav on but within minutes it went off on its own little journey showing driving through fields etc mikes away. Took it back in and was told it needed all new software. Picked car up next day and same thing. Took it back and they installed a whole new head unit and system. Picked I up and you’ve guessed it, same thing. 
has anyone else had this issue as the Toyota dealer do not seem to get what’s wrong and seeing as it had a brand new unit installed it must be something else 

Welcome to Toyota Owners Club.

Moved to the C-HR club.

I wonder where the dealer is fitting the GPS antenna if they are guessing or following the correct fitting guide, as there was a Technical service bulletin for issues with GPS positioning on CHR

BE-00084T-TME

Subject: Toyota accessory navigation Touch 2 with Go - GPS signal reception improvement for Toyota C-HR

Area of Application: All Markets

Models – Model Codes: C-HR - NGX10, NGX50, ZGX10, ZYX10

Description of phonomenon: Some customers may experience and report that after “ignition on” the Touch 2 with Go navigation of Toyota C-HR does not quickly enough acquire the GPS signal to ensure a stable location fix and they will experience that the GPS position drifts away from the actual position. After a couple of minutes the signal will be acquired and the displayed position will reflect the actual position.

• 1 month later...

The antenna position was moved about 6” to the left of original position, did hear of some navi units fitted upside down !

• 1 year later...

Hello,

I have a similar probem. My beautiful C-HR  came with a display screen that has no Sat Nav. How much did it cost to install the New Sat Nav?

A few hundred quid for a Toyota fitment probably. Think your problem has been covered on here recently, do a search. Ouch!