Do Not Sell My Personal Information

E12 where are the indicator fuses?

CaffeineAddict

The indicators on my T Sport have stopped working but the hazards still work, so I'm assuming a fuse has blown, but I can't find it.

I've checked under the bonnet and the hazards fuse is okay (as are the others) and I can't see a relevant fuse in the box behind the glovebox. There's no fuses in the relay box behind the coin holder. Where else can it be?

Hi,

The whole indicator system revolves around the Flasher relay , which is powered by 2 fuses, the Hazard one you have checked and the 10A Gauge fuse is found in the cabins main fuse box.

Its located behind the glove box,  simply remove the x head screw that holds the little damper onto the glove box , open the box fully and just firmly, pull it off its two mountings.

You will be the fuse box, and the inside of the lid shows their location.

While in there, if not already done, check the pollen filter is not blocked, an often missed service item.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URMwQQo6e0k

Once thing to check also. All this info should be in the car manual if you have one. Else you can systematically go through all fuses in the cabin fuse box to find the blown one if you're unsure which one it is. But put each fuse back in the correct place in turn. Whilst doing this, is it a good idea to remove the resistance "film" on each fuse because this allows the current to flow better and things like bulbs will start to appear slightly more bright. 

• 2 weeks later...

Updating my own post incase it helps someone else.

Behind the tiny storage box by your right knee there are some relays. One of these is a flasher unit, Toyota code 81980-50030. It appears it's susceptible to water damage. It also appears to be directly under a metal plate that collects condensation.

Go to your favourite online aution site and buy one. You need a tiny pry tool (or some stolen tine tip tweezers) to release the old one. Then (if you're me) instead of remounting it in the same place you use some cable ties to reposition it so that any moisture runs down the case rather than sitting on the top face and seeping through the housing.

Anyone one see any reason why this shouldn't be sealed properly?

Have seen this once before on another T-Sport, but its the relay design that cause the problem where condensation accumulates inside. The relay can have the cover popped off to reveal the electronics of the relay inside and if these components are grey and tarnished then there is likely too much resistance for it to work properly.

Getting some contact cleaner spray and lightly brushing the electrics and board may allow it to work again.