Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auris 2016 Aftermarket Questions from a newbie

nikos t.

Hi ! i'm new here. 

I was a happy owner of a 2006 yaris diesel sol for 300000km and 2 days ago i changed it into an 2016 auris 1.4 d4d life version. the problem is that it comes unequipped and i think i will try to install aftermarket parts. by this i mean:

1. i want to put fog lights but i see nothing for my model. the only thing i found is this: https://www.aliexpress.com/i/32848239315.html

are they even fog lights? and what about the fog light cover? do i need to change the whole bumper?

2. i want to put rearview camera . i see there is a hole for a factory one near the trunk button.is there any cheap aftermarket camera that fits there? i will install an aftermarket multimedia touch screen. if i buy an oem camera will it work?

3. i already ordered a 10 euro cruise control chinese button for the steering wheel. i saw no referrals on the cc topic for my model. does it work? has anyone installed it? i can see the light of cc on the instrument cluster.

4. i currently have steel wheels 195/65/r15 and i thing of changing it with 225/45/r17 alloy. will the consumption be a lot higher? i currently have 6l/100km. i travel most of the time at 120-150km/h

thank you very much!

1 Looks like DRL and fog lights in 1. If you dont have fog lights when buying, they usually just put a dummy plastic caps, to cover the hole, so i doubt you need to change the whole bumper, you can try popping them out, worse case, you cut out a hole.

2. Aftermarket multimedia units often come with a camera as a gift, unless you buy it with one, no need to buy a OEM one.

3. There is a pretty long topic about cruise control, it should work, but no guarantees.

4. For this you should technically get a lower mpg, as the tires are bigger, and you have more surface area, but then they are lower profile, meaning firmer sidewalls, and better rolling resistance, so maybe your consumption goes up by 0.5L more, per 100 km. Maybe someone who already changed out will write here, or you can try using search.

The new tyres size will make efficiency worse immediately buy 0.5-0.8ltr per 100km, the rolling resistance will depend on the tyre tread pattern, if you want to keep it economical you will need to look for ultimate choice of touring tyres not UHP, fuel rating C or below. Maybe 205/55 16 is better option with low rolling resistance all season tyres like Michelin Cross Climate or Continental and similar. Genuine Toyota cameras are expensive, if you want to be so maybe try to find one from a salvage car from a scrap yard, you can try same for a fog lights too. Look on eBay as well, they do deliver almost everywhere these days. Getting a used genuine parts to upgrade you car trim maybe better option than cheap Chinese as they are best designed for your car. 
Good luck 

20 hours ago, nikos t. said:

Hi ! i'm new here. 

I was a happy owner of a 2006 yaris diesel sol for 300000km and 2 days ago i changed it into an 2016 auris 1.4 d4d life version. the problem is that it comes unequipped and i think i will try to install aftermarket parts. by this i mean:

1. i want to put fog lights but i see nothing for my model. the only thing i found is this: https://www.aliexpress.com/i/32848239315.html

are they even fog lights? and what about the fog light cover? do i need to change the whole bumper?

2. i want to put rearview camera . i see there is a hole for a factory one near the trunk button.is there any cheap aftermarket camera that fits there? i will install an aftermarket multimedia touch screen. if i buy an oem camera will it work?

3. i already ordered a 10 euro cruise control chinese button for the steering wheel. i saw no referrals on the cc topic for my model. does it work? has anyone installed it? i can see the light of cc on the instrument cluster.

4. i currently have steel wheels 195/65/r15 and i thing of changing it with 225/45/r17 alloy. will the consumption be a lot higher? i currently have 6l/100km. i travel most of the time at 120-150km/h

thank you very much!

1. Toyota offer an accessory fog lamp kit part number PW593-02001 see Here

2. Can't really answer however there are plenty of aftermarket OE knock offs designed for Auris/Corolla so there should be something to suit.

3. Post 2015 Auris 1.4d can have cruise however there is a wire harness part # 84633-05010 required

4. Back when Toyota did offer the 1.4 with 17" wheels mpg quoted was 65.7mpg against 74.3mpg on 15" wheels so yes there will be a noticeable drop in fuel economy.

• 2 months later...

3. I believe that there's more to installing CC besides the plug and play (see my topic)

4. Currently I drive on 14" steel wheels with 175/70/14 summer tires. If I drive 100-110 I get 5.4L/100km (if there's no wind) and 110-120 gives me 5.6L/100km. Tomorrow I will get the car back with new 15" GMP Miryang and 195/55/15 all season tires (although, two of the 4 are worse, since there were only 2 of the good ones available). I'll see what it will become, I do hope that it will not to be over 5.8L/100km

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links