Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

How many miles is there left in my toyota aygo when fuel light beeps

Jefferson1755

I've done 42 mile when the fuel light has it first beep so I was wonder will it gave enough left initially to get to the petrol station which is 5 miles away 

"How many times must a man--------" . Sorry., I got carried away. This question has been raised and answered umpteen times. Sigh!! Please search and you will find all the threads on this one question.

Try never dropping the tank below 1/4 all you do is suck up the carp from the bottom of the tank and clog the filter what will eventually kill the pump

2 hours ago, flash22 said:

Try never dropping the tank below 1/4 all you do is suck up the carp from the bottom of the tank and clog the filter what will eventually kill the pump

Urban myth

15 minutes ago, Stivino said:

Urban myth

Well carp settles at the lowest point the tank moisture/water will float on top petrol, if you drop the level right down so you're sucking on fumes it will drain whatever through the filter/sock

In tank pumps also use  the fuel to cool and lubricate the pump its self

Keep driving till it stops, then you can walk down the road with a can in your hand, then people can say what a tight blah blah blah   

15 minutes ago, flash22 said:

Well carp settles at the lowest point the tank moisture/water will float on top petrol, if you drop the level right down so you're sucking on fumes it will drain whatever through the filter/sock

In tank pumps also use  the fuel to cool and lubricate the pump its self

Water doesn't float on petrol, it does the opposite.

All petrol tanks have a well where all the heavy stuff should settle, the fuel isn't lifted from there for obvious reasons. 

Manufacturers aren't stupid, they've got all the best engineers working on those problems.  Problems, which have been known about for thousands of years.

I tried it and got to 14 miles left and my Aygo started to not sound very well. So I wouldn't try it tbh. I just fill up with about 50 miles left or when she gets to 300 miles done.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links