Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rav4 T180 - 2007 - Alarm Programming Mode?

Sideways Steve

Good Evening all, 

Firstly a hello to all from a Scottish Rav4 owner, Ive been a member of Toyota Owners Club in the past years ago as Ive owned GT4's, Celica's and MR2's previously but not for a good few years.

Recently just nought a Rav4 T180 for my wife and I need your help! It's a very nice example on a 2007 07 plate and I have been trying to enable the Auto Door Locking feature by following the official Toyota settings guide downloaded from the Toyota service website.

The issue I have however is that I cannot for the life of me get it to go into programming mode! 

Being the T180 it has the smart key with keyless entry and keyless start and the guide says to unlock the car, get in, ensure doors are all closed then to cycle the ignition from off to on 5 times and leave it on the 5th time then the alarm status led should stay on.

I have tried numerous times to do this and cycle the ignition 5 times but don't think I am doing it correctly as I can't get it to go into the programming mode. 

Has anyone done this process and if so what's the secret? what am I doing wrong?

Was that settings guide from the Toyota UK site?  If it was from the US site, it may not apply.  Toyota seem to use different key/alarm designs for the US.

Hi Ian, 

Yes the instructions are downloaded from the Toyota European download site. They work if you have a key as I’ve seen people post up about that on here with success. There must be a knack to the ign off and on process with the smart key version though and I’m just not doing it right. I hoped someone on here may have done it !

see attached .....

5CDEAE1E-AF3D-42E9-AC81-43C24FA88746.png

VSS1 Setting guide English ASM 000 09-0 PZ464-00130-00 PZ464-00131-00.pdf

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links