Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New system firmware

Sidrat

Had a call from my dealership this afternoon to say that the new firmware for the 2019 Corolla has been released to dealers.  They have updated on of the show cars and it fixes the Satnav 3D view fault along with a few other things.  Car is now booked in for next week for the update.  Please note this is not the map update but the operating system update only available to dealers.

• Like 2

Thanks for letting us know. Service due in 2k miles so will ask dealer to do at same time

• Like 1

Had mine done on Saturday ;-)

One of the fixes is where the map defaults to 2d north regardless of what you set.

40 minutes ago, OXYGEN said:

Can you please explain what is that 3D fault?

In the settings, if you select the default view for the satnav to be 3D, once you switch off the car and on again it goes back to 2D north  view.  Sometimes it might retain it for a couple of starts but eventually it reverts to 2D mode, see section 3.5 of the Toyota Touch manual.

41 minutes ago, bewA said:

Had mine done on Saturday 😉

One of the fixes is where the map defaults to 2d north regardless of what you set.

Si, have you noticed any other fix?

Of the list of fixes Devon Aygo posted I only had one which is the map orientation which is fixed.

I thought things feel a little snappier but that might be placebo, it's not huge but enough to mention.

I suppose the 3D view is only applicable for full map screen?

It is so frustrating that on the Home screen, it is always 2D North up...

• Like 1

I suppose the 3D view is only applicable for full map screen?
 It is so frustrating that on the Home screen, it is always 2D North up...
That's correct and yea that is weird...
Another reason to want Android Auto... [emoji23]

New firmware updated today and it looks like it has fixed the satnav 3d view problem, not found anything else that has changed yet.  Whilst in there they also did another map update, I said it had been done a couple of weeks ago but they said a new one had come out!

Upgraded software from 1520 to 1530 and system seems a bit faster. They also applied SOS button fix.
I also noticed, that MyT app has changed and now has lots of information regarding driving stats (EV time and %, MPG, etc) and if you click on the ‘red’ items along the route, it explains how to improve your driving.

• Like 1

On 11/22/2019 at 12:47 PM, SponsorUK said:

Upgraded software from 1520 to 1530 and system seems a bit faster. They also applied SOS button fix.
I also noticed, that MyT app has changed and now has lots of information regarding driving stats (EV time and %, MPG, etc) and if you click on the ‘red’ items along the route, it explains how to improve your driving.

SOS button fix?

• Like 1

Sorry guys, but I have no details about the SOS button fix.
It was written on the work sheet and I was told by the technical advisor that they will be doing the SOS button fix.

I asked what is wrong with it, but he told me he did not know, however their internal system is saying that it is applicable to my car, but not urgent.
Both updates took less than an hour

20 hours ago, SponsorUK said:

Sorry guys, but I have no details about the SOS button fix.
It was written on the work sheet and I was told by the technical advisor that they will be doing the SOS button fix.

I asked what is wrong with it, but he told me he did not know, however their internal system is saying that it is applicable to my car, but not urgent.
Both updates took less than an hour

The SOS fix is that the button SIM was not properly activated for people who bought the car early on (I assume due to Toyota not sending out the details to all the dealers on the correct procedure).

I got a recall note about this fix in May / June, but it may be that some still slipped through to net.

Yes, I got a recall earlier in the year.

One thing I've noticed is that sometimes the proximity sensors get 'stuck' and continue to sound without a good reason. This happens to me quite a lot when driving into my garage - they'll show red as the offside front approaches the door jamb but will then continue to show red on that corner and sound until I've actually parked the car.

I've also occasionally had the acceleration 'score' indicators remain empty until the car has next come to a halt.

2 hours ago, AndrueC said:

Yes, I got a recall earlier in the year.

One thing I've noticed is that sometimes the proximity sensors get 'stuck' and continue to sound without a good reason. This happens to me quite a lot when driving into my garage - they'll show red as the offside front approaches the door jamb but will then continue to show red on that corner and sound until I've actually parked the car.

I've also occasionally had the acceleration 'score' indicators remain empty until the car has next come to a halt.

I've not had that but find the volume of the rear sensors not loud enough, I have got them set on the loudest setting but if the audio is on you can hardly hear them.  Dealership say there is nothing they can do!

has anyone been able to update without taking it into a Dealer? cos my Dealer in Croydon told me any software updates were chargeable

Hi, you cannot update it yourself, because Toyota did not make it public.
I think your dealer is wrong. If you are upgrading to the v 1530 (from 1520 or 1510), this is a fault fix and should be done under warranty, this was confirmed by several users from different dealer groups, including me last week.
Try another dealer group, or call Toyota helpline and ask them for confirmation, and send you an e-mail or speak to your dealer.

• Like 2

On 11/27/2019 at 8:28 AM, Anthony Sutton said:

has anyone been able to update without taking it into a Dealer? cos my Dealer in Croydon told me any software updates were chargeable

Your dealer is probably confusing software updates with navigation updates. I do wish Toyota would train up the dealerships on these things.

• Like 2

My dealer in Birmingham just called to say that an update would be chargeable and that there is no update since 1520 for my car!

I've told him to go back and check - because I'm not going to pay them to update the software for something that should be working right.

Initially he said to me that it was something I could update through MyToyota app!

Pulling my hair out here.

• Like 1

There is a bug in the system that makes the map orientation not save my dealership updated mine to 1530 under warranty because of that.

They are giving you the runaround, don't be pushed around.

It does make me think though that if AA/AC is coming then it will most likely be chargeable as it's "convenience" rather than "quality update".  I'm using my own terms because they seem to fit the situations.

26 minutes ago, Darcus said:

My dealer in Birmingham just called to say that an update would be chargeable and that there is no update since 1520 for my car!

I've told him to go back and check - because I'm not going to pay them to update the software for something that should be working right.

Initially he said to me that it was something I could update through MyToyota app!

Pulling my hair out here.

Try contacting Toyota UK and see what they say, as stated by others this is a fix for items that do not work correctly, it's a fault fix!  Try a different dealership, they do not inspire confidence.

• Like 1

Ok, so finally the dealer took the car in.

They said there is an update to the audio portion as well as the navigation.

Buuuuuuut, the car wouldn't recognise their usb sticks!  So it has to go in again soon.

I even said to them that I'll bring my usb stick along, just transfer the stuff to the stick and I'll do it myself. But apparently it is not allowed.

So I have to wait for them to tell me when they can do it. Which is fine. I just wish they wouldn't lie to me about there not being an update and then when I push for it, they find it magically.

Let's see what happens tomorrow.

Fyi my current versions are as follows: Audio is 1000 and Navigation is 1520

21 hours ago, bewA said:

It does make me think though that if AA/AC is coming then it will most likely be chargeable as it's "convenience" rather than "quality update".  I'm using my own terms because they seem to fit the situations.

I am sure that when the time comes, this update will leak somehow and will be available to all free of charge. All it takes is one employee to copy it on a usb stick 🙂