Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New system firmware

Sidrat

I had my firmware upgraded to version 1530 (from 1520) today. But the dealer didn't know anything about it and it took a reference to this thread before his "master technician" went on-line to download the appropriate version. Only 10 minutes to install but over half an hour for them to search through their system to find and download it. 

I had an interesting chat with the salesman who sold me the car - he confirmed that the Apple CarPlay retrofit will cost £50 if included with a service or £120 without - available May 2020. And he also said that Corolla hybrids are in such great demand that he will be on the phone half way through the PCP deal to make me an offer. But then how long to get another I wonder?

• Like 1

Finally I got my car back.

They did not update the audio - that is still version 1000.

They did however update the Navigation which is version 1530.

I'll let you know of any changes.

d

Had the firmware update today on the Touch 2 head unit.

The map orientation appears to be fixed. I asked for a list of fixes that have been applied in the update but I was refused a copy of them.
Does anyone have a copy of what other fixes have been applied by the 1530 update?

1 hour ago, Tomfromfife said:

The map orientation appears to be fixed. I asked for a list of fixes that have been applied in the update but I was refused a copy of them.
Does anyone have a copy of what other fixes have been applied by the 1530 update?

I hate this kind of thing. We own the vehicle so we should be told what changes have been made. If the dealer doesn't have the time then they should be able to point us to the unit manufacturer's site. In this case a list might be floating about on this site - I think one of the forum members can produce it. But we shouldn't have to hunt around for this information.

<rant>

No self-respecting software company operates without a change control system. It is trivial to run off a report of what has gone into a release. We do it as a matter of course for all internal releases and for public releases so that we ensure our support team can field just this kind of query and can notify clients when a fault they have reported has been addressed.But of course this is basically hardware manufacturers attempting (and failing as ever) to 'do' software development. They never take it seriously which is why so many devices have bugs or obscure user interfaces. I wish I knew what the answer was. I once thought that separating the two was the answer but what actually happens is that the hardware manufacturer picks the cheapest quote for the software and/or doesn't have the resources available to answer questions from the software developer.

</rant>

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tomfromfife said:

Search for post by Devonaygo - he I think posted a list of the fixes applied.  He works for a Toyota dealer.

See Devon Aygo's post of October 31 in the following topic:

There is a new software available from today. 

BE-00200T-TME 

Toyota Touch 2 (MM17) - Software fixes for DCU (Panasonic) - Running Change 1

Has anyone installed it? Can you share a changlog?

T2.JPG

• Like 1

image.thumb.png.5eaca5d76ff0aedbd621739bd62af566.png

I thought that it was something new but i had this sw installed on a car that was delivered on 7th november. When you extract the update the date is 11.9.2019. I was really hoping that it is carplay/aa update, but unfortunately it is not.

• Like 1

Why did i appeared now? I have the previous file and its diferent in size, although it’s for 1011 

Hi,

Where would I get this software update from?

Is it something I can do myself or do I have to take it into a stealership?

Hi,
Where would I get this software update from?
Is it something I can do myself or do I have to take it into a stealership?
If you mean dealership the yes but it should be a warranty upgrade as in free...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links