Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tyres - Okay to install 185/65/R15?

sushd

Is it okay to get 185 / 65 / R15, which fall out of the -2.0% to +1.5% tolerance (compared to 175/65/R15 standard), at +2.09%.

Will change all 4.

Any potential issues with insurance / sale?

Thx.

Iq 2.png

Hi

First thing I thought was..... why would you fit them?

Just go for the standard tyre. It's what Toyota designed it for. 

Regarding affecting resale,  I feel.it would as not standard.

Well, the only reason is that I can't find a premium all weather tyre in 175/ 65/R15 size with a Fuel eco: B and Wet grip: B label! 

The best ones - Continental All SeasonContact, as per AutoExpress - with Fuel eco: B and Wet grip: B labels are only available in 185/60/15 (-0.91%) or 185/65/15 (+2.09%) sizes with the latter being slightly cheaper.

I couldn't find a retailer who can source a Continental AllSeasonContact 175/65/R15 88 T XL - they are the only ones with B B label

Other alternatives, Michelin CrossClimate+ and GoodYear Vector 4 Seasons Gen-2, in standard 175/65/15 size, have Fuel eco: C and Wet grip: B labels!

Thx

I would check with your insurer as regards changing the tyre size.

As regards the EU tyre ratings for fuel consumption, the difference between an A rated tyre and a G rated tyre is 7.5%.

The difference between a B rated tyre and C rated tyre will probably be around 1%, and fuel consumption savings negligible.

See https://www.goodyear.eu/en_gb/consumer/learn/eu-tire-label-explained.html

9 hours ago, sushd said:

Is it okay to get 185 / 65 / R15, which fall out of the -2.0% to +1.5% tolerance (compared to 175/65/R15 standard), at +2.09%.

Will change all 4.

Any potential issues with insurance / sale?

Thx.

Iq 2.png

Your tyre size guide says no hence the Red, you should not exceed 1.5% oversize or 2.0% undersize a 185/60/15 would be acceptable @ 0.9% undersized, although just be aware with a smaller wheel diameter your speedo will overstate your actual speed even further than it already does.

18 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

I would check with your insurer as regards changing the tyre size.

As regards the EU tyre ratings for fuel consumption, the difference between an A rated tyre and a G rated tyre is 7.5%.

The difference between a B rated tyre and C rated tyre will probably be around 1%, and fuel consumption savings negligible.

See https://www.goodyear.eu/en_gb/consumer/learn/eu-tire-label-explained.html

Thanks Mike. 👍

Getting 175/65/15/ 84T on all 4s - GoodYear Vector 4Seasons Gen-2 (C, B, 68dB) @£55 each.

Would have preferred Michelin CrossClimate+ XL but they are out of stock at Costco (@£58 each) with no visibility on re-stock.