Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Which transmission fluid for Estima Lucida

Elphie

Hi all, 

Just noticed the transmission fluid is very low on my mum's car.

Don't want to get her the wrong stuff so would be grateful as to a heads-up as to which is the correct type.

Many thanks

Elphie

Firstly...you sure you checked it correctly.?...flat ground, engine running (in Park of course) and warm after having cycled through the gears a couple of times..?...is the vehicle displaying any gear change issues..?

Hi RUToyota

The engine wasn't warm I don't think but I can recheck it after a run. 

It's an automatic but the 'sound' of the gear changes seem to take too long if you know what I mean? It sounds stretched a bit beyond where it should have changed gear. It's a bit whiny too. I'm certainly a bit clueless 😄 but just to my untrained ears these are the things I've noticed. 

Oh...I think I've got confused, I think it was actually the power steering fluid. 

😂😂😂 

I told ya I was clueless! 😆😆😆

Lol.....do you mean you think you checked the power steering fluid thinking it was the transmission fluid.???...if so then check the transmission fluid as I suggested and see what you get...have  a look at the fluid on the dipstick and if it's virtually black and possibly has a burnt odour about it then it's ready for a change.

It may be worth checking with your local Toyota dealer as to the correct fluid...it is important you get the right one...it may well be a Toyota Type-IV (JWS-3009) auto transmission fluid.