Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MY20. Delivery date?

bruce e

Has anyone taken delivery of / received a delivery date for the new Corolla MY20 specification?

Nothing 100% set in stone, but dealer telling me week of 25th Nov. According to the order tracker on Toyota's website, it's not even built yet...

Yebbut they produce a car every minute. And I'd guess build time on the line would not exceed a couple of hours.  So allow a couple of days for transport to the dealer, and it doesn't need to be built until maybe the 22nd.

I was a bit surprised at how long mine took!  I had the My Toyota email on 9th Sept when I was on holiday in Italy to say build had commenced and it was more than two weeks later before the dealer called to say it was ready to collect.

I have an amended date of Nov 20 (from Nov 18) subject to the usual conditions, presumably that is with the dealer?

However I have been told by Toyota Redhill that the 2020 variants are not to be released to customers before Dec 1

Not sure how accurate the Order Tracker is but am keeping an eye on it hopeful of some movement on it from 20th onwards

11 hours ago, bruce e said:

Has anyone taken delivery of / received a delivery date for the new Corolla MY20 specification?

For UK

Customer deliveries of MY20 Icon/Icon Tech/Design & Excel commence 1st December

GR Sport dealer launch vehicles in dealers commencing 16th December

Customer deliveries of GR Sport & Trek commence 1st January

So hopefully it'll get built over next 2 weeks and I can pick up from dealer Dec 1st...not confident about this however! Shall just have to wait and see...hope it will be worth it!

In my case Aug 1, 1.8 Icon Tech

Was originally told to expect delivery Sept/Oct (think this was a bit of sales patter as Toyota Customer Services said it was always looking to Nov, this was momentarily pushed back to Jan 2 because of new model but after a week Toyota Customer Services emailed/rang to say back on track for Nov.

For me the flow of info inbound from both the dealer & Toyota Customer Services has been first rate, couldn't fault either.

I think the problem has been buying what seems to be turning into an extremely popular model coupled with the intro of the MY20 spec.

Hopefully not long to wait now 🙂

On 11/14/2019 at 7:54 PM, Devon Aygo said:

For UK

Customer deliveries of MY20 Icon/Icon Tech/Design & Excel commence 1st December

GR Sport dealer launch vehicles in dealers commencing 16th December

Customer deliveries of GR Sport & Trek commence 1st January

Thanks that confirms my info that MY20 cannot be released to customers before Dec 1

Cheers buddy. I ordered a 2.0l excel HB end of October and have been told around 8th January as an estimate but it's not been confirmed yet. Hopefully there won't be any delay! 

I recall [ohh... Lonng Ago!] a PR stunt with BMW.

A TV show took a couple + kids (...presumably their own money!) out to the factory and the Mrs got to spray their initials on the 'body in white'. Cameras tracked the car and ultimately filmed the handover (... and bunch of flowers) and they drove off.

I do believe BMW offered 'factory gate' collections... Them doing PDI & plates....

All good stuff.... Carry On

2sav

• Haha 1