Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris Hybrid - tramline

stevecrvn

I have noticed that my Yaris Hybrid has a dendency to follow ruts in the road and you can even feel  it when going over some white lines. . Other than this the car drives perfectly well driving stright and with no pulling on the steering wheel or vibration at any speed or whilst braking

The car is fitted with the 175 65 15 Tyres but they are budgets fitted by the garage before I bought the car.

Has anyone else had this issue and if so did a tyre change make a difference?

Are they Chinese no names ? aka ditch finders, i take you have checked the tyre pressures ?

Decent tyres and get a 4 wheel alignment, tyres are personal preference i have Avon's on mine at under £50 a corner all in, the oem Dunlop's are around the £65-£70 mark

• Like 1

Last time I had this problem was on a 1946 Rover 16.(half a century ago..eek!)

Worn tyres/ poor tracking  were the issue. New tyres and retracking solved it..  

• Like 2

Tyre pressures and tracking are correct . I think it must be  ditch finders as well.

Thanks for the advice.

Steve

What brand are the tyres?

Usually A symmetric tyres like uniroyal or similar looking can cause that issue plus incorrect tracking, but sometimes is just of the road surface. If the car does it on many different places than is something to worry. 
Regards 

2 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

What brand are the tyres?

They are Windforce Catchgre Gp100 . never heard of them before

Made by Windforce - Chinese. 

3 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Made by Windforce - Chinese. 

Mike - I Thouight they were ,

Hopefully as they wear in they will get better or wear out really quickly ! If they do not get better shortly might have to put a pair of branded tyres on the front and see how that goes.

Was it ex Motabilty or just a dealer getting the car out of the door ?

https://www.mytyres.co.uk/cgi-bin/rtest.pl?rt_rubrik=ganzjahresreifen&rt_profil=111110354&language=EN&dsco=110

There a £30 tire retail so you know there is a good mark up they are ultra budget tires

If you think that rubber is the only contact patch between you stopping or sliding into something, or even accelerating out of danger

11 minutes ago, bathtub tom said:

Here's a review of them: https://tinyurl.com/ub4pqd9

Personally, I find my Yaris the worst car I've ever had for stability in crosswinds, other than my bubble car.

You never driven a Luton van then or been a passenger in a reliant or 2CV

54 minutes ago, bathtub tom said:

Here's a review of them: https://tinyurl.com/ub4pqd9

Personally, I find my Yaris the worst car I've ever had for stability in crosswinds, other than my bubble car.

That review sounds about right

45 minutes ago, flash22 said:

Was it ex Motabilty or just a dealer getting the car out of the door ?

https://www.mytyres.co.uk/cgi-bin/rtest.pl?rt_rubrik=ganzjahresreifen&rt_profil=111110354&language=EN&dsco=110

There a £30 tire retail so you know there is a good mark up they are ultra budget tires

If you think that rubber is the only contact patch between you stopping or sliding into something, or even accelerating out of danger

It was a indepentant dealer at £30 each can see why they are so bad. Will have a look for Cross climates the same as I have on the Auris

Personally, considering we are going into winter, I would be getting shut of all four ASAP. I value my life.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links