Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Valvematic sending wrong signals?

Imlost

Hello, I bought a 2011 Avensis aura (estate) about 7 months ago- about 130k miles, running great.

For the last couple of weeks I’m getting these lights on the dash, regarding parking break and stability system. The check engine light is also on. The lights stay on for a day or so and then the disappear o my to gone back again. When they do, the car reduces speed, I suppose to compensate for the stability control issue. 

I’ve taken it to my mechanic who ran diagnostics and isolated the fault to “the engine sending fault signals to other engine systems” they think it comes from the valvematic system sending faulty signals? I don’t know: anybody has any experience with it? It appears it’s an expensive fault if it’s to do with the valvematic stuff. I have it booked with Toyota next week. 🤞🏻 

You really need to get the exact fault codes for anyone to advise further, but unfortunately Valvematic issues are not unknown on this engine. For some reason cars built in 2010 and 2011 seem to be particularly prone to it 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links