Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anyone else get this in 2019 corolla

Cbatoday

Every so often this message pops up on the screen when entering the car

Anyone else get its

20191115_135606.jpg

No How is your car connecting to the internet?

I'm still trying to work out if the car can connect via bluetooth on my phone. The manual implies that it can (it supports the appropriate profile) but there's no evidence that it actually is.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AndrueC said:

I'm still trying to work out if the car can connect via Bluetooth on my phone. The manual implies that it can (it supports the appropriate profile) but there's no evidence that it actually is.

Mine is connecting to the internet via bluetooth tethering.

1 hour ago, bewA said:

Mine is connecting to the internet via bluetooth tethering.

How can you tell?

How can you tell?
Because my phone says bluetooth tethering is enabled (and it only says if the supporting device has requested it and capable) and weather data and Google searches work from maps.
  • Like 1

Yes, I got that screen when tethering is not active. Because I have to switch on tethering every time I get in the car because wi fi and tethering don't work together on the phone, I only tether if I need to use sat nav on a journey. AndrueC, you can tell you are tethered when the "radiation" icon is black and solid on the top right set of icons, to right of the bluetooth icon.

• Like 1

I installed an app from the Google play store that would auto enable bluetooth tethering as I got sick of doing it each time ;-)

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Timmon said:

Yes, I got that screen when tethering is not active. Because I have to switch on tethering every time I get in the car because wi fi and tethering don't work together on the phone, I only tether if I need to use sat nav on a journey. AndrueC, you can tell you are tethered when the "radiation" icon is black and solid on the top right set of icons, to right of the Bluetooth icon.

With my iPhone, the tethering symbol appears on my phone (top left of the screen, two interlocked rings on a blue ground) whenever I get in the car... but the WiFi “radiation” symbol doesn’t come on on the car screen, and I have (if I want to use the facility) to re-discover the phone’s AP and renter my account and password. This I find odd, I’m wondering how the phone can tether but the ca4 not recognise it. The joys of IOS13. 

6 hours ago, bewA said:

I installed an app from the Google play store that would auto enable Bluetooth tethering as I got sick of doing it each time 😉

Which app did you use

On 11/15/2019 at 7:14 PM, bewA said:
On 11/15/2019 at 7:11 PM, AndrueC said:
How can you tell?

Because my phone says bluetooth tethering is enabled (and it only says if the supporting device has requested it and capable) and weather data and Google searches work from maps.

Weather data? How do you know you're searching using Google?

I'm not trying to be funny, I'm just trying to find out if the tethering on my car is actually doing anything. The only thing I seem to have achieved so far is an inverse bluetooth symbol on my phone on the left side which appears to suggest that it is tethered. It does also list my car as a tethered device.

But the car itself seems indifferent. I don't think I've seen any mention of weather and the searching seems about as naff as ever - I'd expect better from a Google search.

On the map screen you can search Google poi's when looking for a destination and there is also a weather icon and street view both of which don't use magic to get the information and if my phone isn't connected none of that stuff works ;-)
Not being funny [emoji23]

1 hour ago, bewA said:

On the map screen you can search Google poi's when looking for a destination and there is also a weather icon and street view both of which don't use magic to get the information and if my phone isn't connected none of that stuff works 😉
Not being funny emoji23.png

Ah ha! I don't know what happened but I suddenly got the Street View icon and a Weather menu item.

The weather menu item never came back but Street View was an option when choosing a destination from that point on. Very odd.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, AndrueC said:

Ah ha! I don't know what happened but I suddenly got the Street View icon and a Weather menu item.

The weather menu item never came back but Street View was an option when choosing a destination from that point on. Very odd.

Is there any Toyota Touch for dummies anywhere? I've lost any hope of puting the system to work with the phone before the update to Android Auto/Apple CarPlay. I've tried so many ways of connecting to the internet. Toyota services were of no help, and told me that I couldn't even register my infotainment system because it doesn't have the Nav System

to be honest it's been a case of reading the manual and just pressing loads of buttons in the car and seeing what works and what doesn't and then asking questions 🙂

The dealers try to help but when it comes to using the system i find i know a lot more 🙂

• Like 1

I get that every time I get in my car and start it up when I have the WiFi Hotspot turned on on my Android phone. I normally just click close app and get on mith my journey. My car is connected to bluetooth on my phone for audio and calls and the WiFi hotspot for everyting esle, the connection is good and reliable.

Tried the app you mentioned and the problem seems to have stopped

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/17/2019 at 4:56 PM, bewA said:

This one:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.xplota.bluecartetheringauto

I'm using it with my OnePlus 6 with Android 10, although since upgrading it says it might not work but had no issues so far.

Thanks bewA . I tried the app and it works well.