Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Small Bulb for Ashtray illumination

DeTomato

Although I am not a smoker, because the Ashtray is clean from new, I use my Ashtray to store a few useful bits and pieces. However, the small bulb behind the ashtray now appears to have blown. It appears to be very small with no real info on the bulb Watts or Amps. It is also covered with like a green rubber coat for illumination effect. 

I've checked everywhere to try and find out what this bulb is, and cannot even find it on the Toyota epc parts data. 

Is this a E12 standard known bulb? Can anyone advise the part number or bulb type and wattage please?

Thanks.

Hi,

Had to laugh, did not even know there was a bulb in there till we just had a look,  its rather a dim light !

bit had to see in the dark , but it may be a miniature wedge type that just pulls out or turns and pull  ?

Have the owners manual  which details changing the bulbs  but no mention of that one so just wonder if its a soldered in  led or bulb  and not considered a user replaceable bulb ?

Expect you will see better with a good torch on it.

Got any further with your airbag problem / code reading/flashing ?

• Like 1

Thank you for checking 🙂 I just read somewhere earlier on some obscure Japanese link that a Corolla Ashtray bulb may be a PC74 or T5, but even that was someone guessing. So still not sure yet. So I need to take the bulb out (if I can) as you mention when I look further at all the other SRS Airbag connections tomorrow. Gives me an incentive to hopefully get this bulb sorted out too whilst I am hunting bad Airbag connections 😉

2 hours ago, DeTomato said:

. Gives me an incentive to hopefully get this bulb sorted out too whilst I am hunting bad Airbag connections 😉

Did you see my last 2 posts in your other thread, where you can Flash out the SRS error code, so that should direct you to the faulty line.

• Thanks 1

Part number 99132-YZZBJ 50p from your local dealer

• Thanks 1

T5 equates to a 5mm wedge LED if you want in any brighter or a different colour, i used to sell kits back in my Corsa B/C days

What threw me with this is the rubber cap over the bulb. When I ventured in to look today I popped the small bulb out and it's a clear underneath the green cap, most likely because this bulb is an original before coloured glass bulbs were used. I got a coloured bulb from my friendly motor spares, put it in and it's operating again - we have light! Thanks all. 

Unfortunately the SRS Airbag light is still on... another thread and a real headache this one.