Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Celica st182 gt-r 2 wheel steer

Stu st182

Hi guys

i need some help with a non starter. 

I bought a 1992 celica  gt-r from a guy, it had been parked up in a garage for 10+ years and apparently it was running when it went in there. I’m now months down the line and it’s still not running. The latest from the mechanic is that it needs a distributor or the distributor reconditioned. I’ve been told that this model has a crank shaft sensor in the distributor and that’s the suspected problem. I’m also told that this was built for the Aussie market and that it’ll cost a fortune to buy 1 second hand from there and then I’ll have to get it shipped over. Tried  a dizzy from a gt-4 Anyone know where I can get a dizzy or my distributor reconditioned for this car or any advice at all. 

It’s reg is MUI5960

model E-ST182-BLMVF

engine 3S-GE

frame ST182-0099104

thanks

2695886D-2FEF-43A4-B9AF-5B28E4073144.jpeg

• 1 year later...

Hi Stu

Did you manage to get your ST182 going and what was the problem? 

I'm no expert, I own my ST182 since 1999 and it had been off the road for the last 15 years until last month when I decided I was ready to have it restored and back on the road again. There was the initial problem where it wouldn't start and that turned out to be the fuel pump which was replaced along with all other obvious items to replace including cam belt. It had a full respray and now I'm enjoying being a proud owner of this Celica. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links