Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Child seats

Dannii R

HI!

I've just been given the Toyota Auris hybrid estate 2018 as my company car. I'd not long bought a big car that I knew would fit 3 child seats in the back. Does anyone know whether you can fit 3 in the back of the Auris? It seems silly to keeps 2 cars if I don't need to, but I also don't want to have to take 2 cars every time the whole family goes out for the day.

Thanks!

Hi, and welcome!

I'd be surprised if you can (safely) get 3 in the back of the Auris, given how wide many child seats are these days (with their side impact protection, recommended clearances etc), and the fact that the Auris isn't a particularly wide car. However, I think it boils down to the models of child seat that you have. I have a Britax seat and used the 'Fit Finder' on their website as you can look up the relevant model of car for your type of seat and it'll say exactly where in the car it's safe to use it (not sure if that's based on crash testing or some other criteria).

https://www.britax-roemer.co.uk/fitfinder

If yours are from different manufacturers then it might be worth seeing if they have an equivalent guide.

Hope that helps!

we have a 13 plate auris hybrid and with 2 child seats in place you wont be able to have anyone sitting in between them