Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

After-Market Alloys

MikeT66

Despite having four new tyres recently, one (front right) keeps losing pressure.  A trip back to the fitters at National and they rechecked them.  They fitted a new valve just in case, but the problem didn't go away.  Second trip to National and they did a good check - it turns out corrosion on the wheel is the culprit, making the tyre seal weak.  The IQ alloys are, frankly, a bit poor anyway - far more corroded visibly than on my 2002, 150,000-mile Ford.

So, I've decided new ones are the way forward.  Thinking I can get something to complement the chunky looks of the car I like the look of these...

https://www.wheelbasealloys.com/alloy-wheels/borbet/a/silver/15-inch/toyota/iq/kjg10-njg10

Has anyone got any other suggestions, though?  Wary of going for eBay old IQ alloys as I could be buying the same issue as mine.

On another note, as there's only Mrs.T66 and myself ever in the car, I bought one of these for the 'boot'...

https://www.bootliners-uk.com/bm/toyota/iq/1722?product=rubber-3mm

Brilliant purchase (even if you do have to put up with the very strong smell of rubber for a week or so) and highly recommended if anyone needs similar.

The tyre fitter should, as a matter of course with old alloys, have cleaned up the inside of the rim and applied the rubberised paint stuff.  If he does the job properly, they won't leak.

Hi Stivino - they've tried that - twice now, unfortunately.  The did say that they'd applied lots of sealant around the corroded rims, but the tyre is still losing pressure over some time.

5 minutes ago, MikeT66 said:

Hi Stivino - they've tried that - twice now, unfortunately.  The did say that they'd applied lots of sealant around the corroded rims, but the tyre is still losing pressure over some time.

I refer you to my last sentence.

I have the exact same problem with right side tire loosing pressure slowly. Had the wheels painted about a year now so surely cant be corrosion. I have not  looked at replacing valve and cant see any foreign object in tire. I just keep pumping it up for now.

Hi, I still have these for sale. Not been used since being refurbished. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links