Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mysterious sliced pork....

Hal Mercier

Hi!

I've just signed on here and my name isn't ham, it's Hal, slight typo on my part I guess.

I'm based in France, retired, married but living alone in a watermill I'm restoring slowly....only a very small mill but it's easier to get a resto done quickly if you can throw lots of cash at builders, my money what there is of it is all stuck in other projects so I'm DIY ing it. I was slowed down even more this summer as I was knocked off my Buell Sportster by, believe it or not, a municipal lawnmower in early June.

The local authority were 100% liable as the machine suddenly turned left as I was overtaking it at about 15kph. Turned out it's left indicator wasn't even working...

I had 3 pins in my left wrist so still not in a great state now.

Anyway, I've made an offer on this 2011 Aygo with robot gearbox and am trying to find what people make of this system.

cheers, Hal (Not HAM) Can this be changed? I can't see how to do it.....moderator?

Hello Hal - welcome to Toyota Owners Club.

Have asked admin to correct the user name.

Lovely. I didn't want to be accused of some sort of food based religious provocation.....

49 minutes ago, Ham Mercier said:

What is X-touch?

Its the sat nav system for the Aygo

OK. The 2011 car here has a Tomtom which surprisingly is still there. I suppose XTouch is the replacement/updated system.

Welcome Hal.....hope your recovery is full and speedy.

Thanks! The worst problem is, apart from limited movement in my left wrist, I seem to have overstretched the tendons in both upper arms....very nasty, even in bed at night. The weird thing is I actually kept the bike upright after being hit by this stupid great machine (made by Gianni Ferrari,!) I fishtailed three times by which time I was almost at a standstill, then it fell over to the left, as with the wrist smashed I couldn't hold it up.

The wrist went when the front wheel was forced left violently, so it must have been the rebound on the left handgrip, plus my being thrown forward with arms braced, the combined force simply snapped it.

Don't try this at home!

19 hours ago, Ham Mercier said:

... I've made an offer on this 2011 Aygo with robot gearbox and am trying to find what people make of this system...

Hi Hal

I've had experience of a couple of cars with MMT, both bought new, an Aygo in 2008 and a Yaris 1.33 6-speed in 2011.  The MMT gearbox seems to be a love it or hate it system - I sort of loved it, but am even more in love the the gear-less driving in Toyota Hybrids, of which I've owned 5 since 2002 (and also driven 3 company ones).  If the Hybrids didn't exist, I'd probably have an MMT.

I can't speak for higher mileage, but the Aygo was my ex-partner's car and we kept it for 4½ years and had driven it just over 38,000 trouble free miles (51,000 km).  I probably drove about 6-8,000 of those miles.  One thing I did notice was that the seats were particularly comfortable for a car in this price range, which made up for the slightly firm suspension (a Toyota insider told me the French to the seats, which Toyota were responsible for the suspension - makes sense.

The Yaris was bought by me in 2011 but after a year I went back to Hybrids, and swapped it with my by then ex-other half's Aygo, which I traded in for a Prius.  She still has (and loves) the MMT Yaris, which last time I saw it had 39,000 miles on the clock (63,000 km) - again, trouble free.

Pete, Interesting. I think you summed it up when you said "I can't speak for higher mileage". Clearly, at low mileages at least if it plays up there's a warranty.

Yours is up to slightly less than this 2011 car , at 67,000km, so I'd not care to bet it's not on the point of becoming bad news.

I love the idea of this system, but would not want to be there when it breaks.Maybe in the interests of fairness, I should start an Aygo MMT census?

Is the site set up for this?

Oops...I meant poll not census. How can one be set-up in fact?

On 11/17/2019 at 11:07 AM, PeteB said:

...She still has (and loves) the MMT Yaris, which last time I saw it had 39,000 miles on the clock (63,000 km) - again, trouble free.

By chance, I met up with my ex on Thursday and took the Yaris MMT for a drive.  She's been quite unwell and it needed the cobwebs blowing out of the system, and I enjoy a blast in it now and again.  It's now done just over 40,600 miles and still drives like new.

Anyway, enjoy your Aygo.

On 11/18/2019 at 4:53 PM, Hal Mercier said:

Oops...I meant poll not census. How can one be set-up in fact?

Select "Start New Topic", then Select "Poll"

Poll.thumb.jpg.71a5a9b1b8c1d8b7c4d486c1f3a4c372.jpg