Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris headlight beam adjustment

Big al48

Hello folks, fitted a set of new headlights on my daughters 06 Yaris 5 door. Took it to garage as couldn’t adjust beams properly they said faulty headlights, so supplier replaced them and I’ve fitted them today but exactly the same dipped like main beam and main beam great for spotting aircraft, used the Allen nut to adjust but no joy. Driving me mad! Please help with my sanity any ideas gratefully accepted 

Al

Are the bulbs seated correctly ?? Do the lights have motors ? if so did you fit the motors correctly ? eg, Did the ball ends pop in to the reflector (you may have to have the  motors plugged in to adjust their level to fit them)

Hi, bulbs are in correctly and motors just taken out and put into new lights they only go one way three tabs but one larger so can’t get them wrong, they do have motors yes. 

Sorry just noticed your last question they do fit into a kind of fork in the back of the lights, the lights came with manual adjusters and I put those in and still wouldn’t adjust properly 

They are DEPO tripartite automotive got them from ultimate styling online 

do you know if yours is a french built or a jap built car ? PM me your vin if your unsure as they use different parts

I’m not sure and I’ve left car in my workshop I will send vin tomorrow or how would I decider the vin to know? 
thank you for all your ideas. I did notice the motor drive screws with ball ends as shorter than manual ones supplied with lights do you think that might be to blame? 

you can use megazip.net  and it will give you all the details FRP is France, JPP is japan - from what i can see there are 2 types ichikoh or valeo if you have the old ones they should be marked

• 2 years later...

To refit the headlamp adjustment motors so the ball ends click into place with the motor removed you need to manually adjust using the screw to max dipped position so that the ball end extends as far as possible from the motor. You can then fit them into the headlamp and the ball end should click into the wedge slot in the headlamp inner housing. Then adjust it back afterwards to level up correctly with the other headlamp.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links