Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Check parking brake light,vsc light,eml, what could be the problem?

Gerald Walsh

check parking brake warning,check vsc light,and eng.man.light all on plus automatic e.brake no longer operates.

any ideas please?

Have you had any recent work done on the brakes? That, amongst a few other things can cause your symptoms.

No Paul,I've had  no work whatsoever done to the  car since I bought it 7 months ago. I've just changed pollen and air filters though. I forgot to mention that friend of mine ran diagnostics on it and came up with fault p1200 which is fuel pump related. It does lose power sometimes while driving....perhaps it's the fuel filter as I am sure that's never been changed. Also,I've  noticed drivers side wheel clicking so pretty sure it needs a new c.v. joint. I need to get these two items sorted anyhow. Perhaps once they're done the fault lights will go out. The fuel consumption does not seem to have been affected in any way. I use dipethane all the time and regularly go for long trips on motorways so I don t think it could be a dpf filter or erg issue.

Thanks for your prompt reply!

Gerald

I'd change the fuel filter, as you intend, and clean the EGR valve, paying attention to the state of the inlet port it attaches to. It's amazing how many things cause the symptoms you have. Toyota seem to have been very conservative when programming that fault response.

• Like 1

Thanks for that Paul. Not having much luck with this car. Have it only six months. Already have had to replace the starter motor, re-do the wiring on one of the dipped lights and now this. Still love the car though! The luxury,the nice looks and all those extras make it worthwhile! Plus its very economical to run....approx.70 mpg,using dipethane additive, and car tax is low, just 200euros,about £175 which is cheap for Ireland.

Motorists are really fleeced in this country. Really envy UK motorists.

Thanks again

Gerald

Mine is proving to be horribly reliable, and won't die to give me the excuse to buy a new car, lol. I got it as a stopgap when the turbo blew on my C5. You know what they say, a fix is only temporary unless it works. This thing, apart from a few minor things from when I got it, just works. Looking at a Land Rover Freelander next, but I am under no illusions whatsoever that it will be even nearly as trouble free as my eight hundred pounds, hundred and fifty thousand miles ex-taxi. 🤣

• 2 weeks later...

I had the same fault showing on my 2015, when obd reader used it was a generic mass airflow fault..so the warnings could be nothing to do with the brake system..I  was sweating when I saw the same as electric hand brake units are very expensive ..get it plugged in 

With T27 diesels, engine faults and warnings seems to cause what is unrelated systems like the VSC and EPB to throw cautions and be disabled. This makes the owner think something major has happened, when only a service and clean is all that's needed!
A diagnostic code reader only helps give direction and it's a common fault on this forum. Looks like EGR and inlet cleaning needed.