Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Disabling seatbelt chime Mk3

Waqs

Hi all,

As we all know how annoying it can get with seat belt chime going off.

Is there anyone who knows how to disable this on Toyota Avensis 2011 2.0D4D. I knew how to do this on the MK2 but this does not work on MK3.

Your responses would be much appreciated.

Hi, I done mine with one of these OBD 2 , works with either their own software or third party like dr.hybrid 

Carista OBD2 bluetooth Adapter, Scanner and App for iOS and Android with Dealer Level Technology https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00YVHGTBM/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_WBP0Db9YTFF76

9 hours ago, paul9 said:

It may be an option to turn it off with Techstream software.

I believe I need the specific computer for this?

5 hours ago, TonyHSD said:

Hi, I done mine with one of these OBD 2 , works with either their own software or third party like dr.hybrid 

Carista OBD2 Bluetooth Adapter, Scanner and App for iOS and Android with Dealer Level Technology https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00YVHGTBM/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_WBP0Db9YTFF76

I did this on my 2008 Avensis and many more in this shape. You simply press the ODO metre button and alter settings from there.

5 hours ago, yossarian247 said:

If not, you could always use one of these:

Seat belt buckle

Wow. Never thought of that!

Thank you its a wicked idea.

You can quickly get hold of the buckle types in pet shops, they sell dog restraints with the seatbelt clip on one end and a catch to fasten the dog's harness to on the other.

You can quickly get hold of the buckle types in pet shops, they sell dog restraints with the seatbelt clip on one end and a catch to fasten the dog's harness to on the other.

Maybe you know the shopping platform "Wish" where you can buy all types of Chinese stuff. They also offer these types of seatbelt buckles without a belt - obviously out of exactly that reason. Or you simply ask at a salvage yard.

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

19 hours ago, Sampleman said:

Maybe you know the shopping platform "Wish" where you can buy all types of Chinese stuff. They also offer these types of seatbelt buckles without a belt - obviously out of exactly that reason. Or you simply ask at a salvage yard.

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

I probably go to a breakers and rip 1 off 😉.

That would be my second choice, as the mutt would be very disappointed in me if I didn't get something that would do double duty to help keep her from falling out of the car window. Again!🙄

On 11/19/2019 at 7:21 PM, paul9 said:

That would be my second choice, as the mutt would be very disappointed in me if I didn't get something that would do double duty to help keep her from falling out of the car window. Again!🙄

LoL. I went and got a buckle yday.

• Haha 1