Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Corolla 2019 sports wagon rear power

Cbatoday

Anyone know if the power from the rear cigarette point in the boot space of this model is powered permanently or is switched via the ignition

Have a dash cam that I was going to power from that plug and use rear facing

Suppose I could go and check but having a cba moment

Checked it out and it is switched with the ignition

Got to decide where to mount it now. Might put it on the inspection cover at the top inner of tailgate. Drill a small hole in the cover and feed the power cable through the rubber boot and into the main frame of the car. Hopefully I can feed wire down and into power socket

I could tap into the wires behind the panel but dont want to void any warranty and believe the wires are canbus that could cause issues

There are fuse adapters / extenders available that should allow you to plug into a live fuse in the fuse box and create an additional circuit. Think this is how people ussualy go about it. A quick Google should find you what you need. 

2 minutes ago, Wheresmywig said:

There are fuse adapters / extenders available that should allow you to plug into a live fuse in the fuse box and create an additional circuit. Think this is how people ussualy go about it. A quick Google should find you what you need. 

Already linked into fuse box for front Dashcam.

This is for the rear screen