Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Help me make the move Auris D to Rav4 hybrid

Packard

Hi all, owner for last 5 years of Auris 1.4d touring excel manual box. Simply great car great mpg always around town 55-64 on a run. superb service costs and it just keeps on going. It’s immaculate and I love it but..

I’m bored and want a change, and would like the higher driving position due to medial reasons.  looking at Rav 4 hybrid excel 2016/2017.. and intend on keeping car 3-4 years. But omg the prices are just not shifting at all.

ive considered Honda CR-V 1.6d ex, but lot more spec but values dropping and it’s a diesel (another debate) and less warranty but more toys for the money.

so do I keep on going, will I notice the difference (not many extra toys on rav 4), would love pan roof but they seem rare as rocking ...then the forums keep having so many debates over mpg.  I drive 50 %rural/city then 50 %dual carriageway.

Any thoughts suggestions..

56 minutes ago, Packard said:

so do I keep on going, will I notice the difference (not many extra toys on rav 4), would love pan roof but they seem rare as rocking ...then the forums keep having so many debates over mpg.  I drive 50 %rural/city then 50 %dual carriageway.

Any thoughts suggestions..

I have a 2018 Fourth Generation Rav4 Design AWD Hybrid which I took delivery March 2019.  Supposed to be the last 4th Generation delivered to a dealer.  I was very happy with the final deal.

From March to October I was getting 50mpg rural/town.  55mpg up the A1 100miles from Nottinghamshire to North Yorkshire. 50 - 60 mph.

With the cold weather rural/town is down to around 38 - 40mpg.  Probably through using the heater.  It does not go into EV mode as often with the petrol engine having to provide heat.  However the Battery level comes right up to give power for longer when it does turn to EV mode.  The Battery power is also there to give added acceleration when demanded.  Have yet to try dual carriageway now the weather is colder.

First Toyota and really pleased with it.  My wife hated driving, but now it is an argument as to who is driving.

A bit brief but I hope it helps.  

• Thanks 1

For me the test drive was the clincher. For an 'ordinary' driver ( as opposed to motoring press hack ) this car, or at least the current model, is both easy and rewarding to drive, being civilised at moderate pace and yet responsive and rapid when required. A couple of other Rav4 owners I know say much the same. So I would recommend that you drive any prospective purchase and decide accordingly.

Thank you, I have taken both and XC60, various other estate cars out in Audi, Merc and I’m hovering over the daily driver ability and the cost, and reduction in mpg which is relative over the miles I do around 12k pa.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links