Do Not Sell My Personal Information

16” wheels on 2l Excel -Was Wheel Centre Bore size MY19 Corolla HB

rafletcher

I'm considering getting some winter wheels and tyres (the costs of taking tyres off / putting them on plus storage soon adds up!) and am uncertain about one thing - the centre bore size.  I asked Toyota (via Farcebook) and got an answer of 54.1mm, albeit that was for a 16" wheel. I've asked again re 18" ones (standard on my Excel). I've also seen elsewhere a figure of 60.1mm.  Does anyone know what the correct figure is? The space-saver spare I bought from here  https://www.thewheelshop.co.uk/toyota-corolla-2019-present-day-17-space-saver-spare-wheel.html  has a 60.1mm centre bore. I know I could take off one off the wheels and check but it's too damn cold to do that unless I really have to! So I thought I'd ask here 🙂

Aah, missed that - thank you!  What, may I ask, is the "technical document" referred to? (Might be a non-uk thing).

I'm assuming the 18" rims are 7 1/2J too, given the tyre is a 225/40/18 but it might be an 8J.

So, what does the jury think about fitting 16” rims (for winter tyres) to a 2l Excel?  Any issues with brake clearance?

8 minutes ago, flash22 said:

If you look at the above link it shows 7J 16" with 205/55/16

It also shows 5x100 bolt PCD, a fact I’ve emailed them about, so I’m not that confident in their info. 🙂

14 hours ago, rafletcher said:

It also shows 5x100 bolt PCD, a fact I’ve emailed them about, so I’m not that confident in their info. 🙂

scroll down to the EU domestic cars 😉

Depending on how good your dealer is, this works for me, is convenient and avoids needing extra wheels, messing about with TPWS sensors and storage of the wheels and/or tyres not being used:

For my last two and current cars my Norwich dealer charged a one-off £40 incl vat to set up the storage facility for the tyres not being used then no further storage charge since, plus £30 a time to swap all four tyres including vat and balancing.  I expected to pay a bit more than £30 last month as I now have a full size spare wheel for my newest car, so there's 5 to swap instead of 4, but they still charged me £30.  I drop the car at 07:30, get a nice breakfast at the hotel next door (sometimes joined by my Service Manager and Salesman) and by the time I'm full the car's ready, usually washed too.

BTW I did buy the winter tyres from them, but their tyre prices have been competitive enough to make it not worth going elsewhere, so I get almost all of my tyres from them.  Many moons ago, when I worked in London, I needed 4 new tyres as winter was starting but couldn't get to Norwich for a few weeks (I live nearby now) and I actually got a London tyre shop to price-match my dealer!

50 minutes ago, flash22 said:

scroll down to the EU domestic cars 😉

Ah ha! 😀.  As an aside Totyota originally told me the centre bore was 54.1 - then when I queried it responded by saying they'd been looking at the US spec - which is odd as they'd stated the PCD as 114.3, the EU spec. Hey ho,  I have the info now, thanks.