Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Corolla 2.0 d4d Sr gearbox whine

Mikepearce29

I've recently purchased a Toyota Corolla sr on 125,000 miles and I notice a slight whine in 3rd gear along with the typical clutch pedel squeek I've never owned or driven a diesel so just wanted to know peoples opinion on a Corolla whine

Hi,

The clutch squeak is often caused by the plunger going into the clutch master cylinder and some careful lubrication usually cures that,  just do a quick search on this forum for  many similar posts .   It could also be, though less likely,  the slave cylinder contact point with the clutch pivot arm or in the whole clutch assembly , but try the foot pedal and plunger under the dash first, and give it a days use to  let the lubrication work in.

3rd gear whine apart from changing the transmission oil , cannot say, not a problem I have had, oil type usually 75W/90 GL4  1.9 ltr on the petrol version , use Commas myself.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links