Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2019 RAV4 - traffic announcements on DAB

Southern Softy

Good evening all,

I have managed to get traffic announcements ( TP ) on FM but as I always listen via DAB I would like to enable this but am struggling to find out how to do it, can anyone offer any advice ?

We only listen to DAB and I have been getting traffic announcements. I am sure we also get them when listening to music on our memory stick. 

There is a setting to turn on/off DAB traffic announcements in Radio Options....DAB

439FE5CC-BF67-418C-BB1C-6EE5B68107B6.jpeg

Hi Martin,

I have all these settings set to “ on “ and don’t recall ever getting a TA message. Whilst on FM I see the TP in the source screen but not when on DAB - should there be a TP ?

Are all your settings set to “ on “ ?

Ok, checked my car and the DAB traffic announcements are ON and the FM traffic announcements are off.

I cannot remember ever hearing a traffic announcement in the car. If I had heard one I would be looking for where to turn off irrelevant info.

7B645106-D84E-40F6-9B05-FA7668FA4AB8.jpeg

4F4C986F-6259-4948-8294-0AC0BB0B6D1C.jpeg

Thanks Martin,

I will try turning them off in FM and on in DAB so see if TP comes on in the radio home screen, I know it does when in  FM  but cannot see that is does in DAB. I am not too fussed but do wonder if it might be a software or hardware issue with the head unit.

I will try to compare it with another RAV4 when in for a service in 2 weeks and see if that clarifies things

If you search the RAV4 forums there is information on DAB traffic announcements in the U.K. Basically there aren’t any if I am reading the other topics correctly

From FROSTYBALLS on another top is entry...”As far as I'm aware the only traffic announcement service on DAB in the UK was closed down in 2011 due to cuts in the Highways Agency budgets. Nothing has replaced it so far. 

reading some other stuff on Google, they suggest turning DAB announcements off and FM announcements on. Then listen to DAB and see if you hear announcements. If not then turn both on and see if that works. 

Sounds reasonable.

stopped using RDS-TMC traffic many years ago (always seemed to be just that bit out of date), but when I first had a car that could use it (in the 1990s!) it would cut in to interrupt other radio channels, music-cassettes (remember them?) and CDs.  If active, it would probably also now interrupt USB music and bluetooth streaming.

I also stopped using TMC data for the built-in SatNav too for the same reason (not that I use the built in one much either), although Internet traffic data via a tethered mobile phone is much better, but still not as good as the traffic data on my 4½-year-old TomTom (which seems to do cleverer re-routing too).  I hear that Garmin products are more or less as good in this respect too).

We have a Garmin which supplies traffic data through the Garmin Smartphone Link. Works well. Also updates via the internet without a computer, and displays e-mails and text messages if you choose.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links