Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

seeking information 2008 Rav 4 brake master cylinder O ring

Jonathan Larsen

I am located on the island of Grenada in the Southeast Caribbean.  Just purchased a 2008 Rav 4 that needs work.  First important item is new O ring for brake master cylinder.  Toyota P/N is 47201B  or 90015-AH002.  I am trying to find out the actual physical size of the O ring or cross reference it to a O ring standard size so I can try to get one at a local hardware store.  

I am also looking for the size of nuts, bolts, and washers that hold Toyota P/N 48780-42010 in place.  This is the rear trailing arm and the bolts pass through the mount bracket and the bushings of the trailing arm.  

Finding a reference site that would help answer more future questions would also be great.  

Welcome to Toyota Owners Club.

Moved to the Rav4 club.

1 hour ago, Jonathan Lubikn said:

I am located on the island of Grenada in the Southeast Caribbean.  Just purchased a 2008 Rav 4 that needs work.  First important item is new O ring for brake master cylinder.  Toyota P/N is 47201B  or 90015-AH002.  I am trying to find out the actual physical size of the O ring or cross reference it to a O ring standard size so I can try to get one at a local hardware store.  

I am also looking for the size of nuts, bolts, and washers that hold Toyota P/N 48780-42010 in place.  This is the rear trailing arm and the bolts pass through the mount bracket and the bushings of the trailing arm.  

Getting this kind of info is very hard, even the detailed Toyota manuals don't really carry them, at least the one meant for public.

You can try getting an O-ring set, one of those should be fine.

Unless you get lucky and someone knows that info, you can always measure yourself with the caliper.

Since that O ring is used in over 1,00 vehicles I figured some one would know.  My problem is that if I take it out my vehicle is dead until I can get a new one. 

Speaking of Toyota Manuals is there one available that you think is good for the 2008 era RAV 4s? 

21 minutes ago, Jonathan Lubikn said:

Since that O ring is used in over 1,00 vehicles I figured some one would know.  My problem is that if I take it out my vehicle is dead until I can get a new one. 

Speaking of Toyota Manuals is there one available that you think is good for the 2008 era RAV 4s? 

Try this http://manualespurdy.cisdigital.com/Toyota/Rav4Aug2009/rm1332e/MANUAL.HTM/rm1332e/index2.html

Maybe if you contact the below company they can supply the required info, or even order a Master cylinder revision set for you.

This O-ring is a vital part in the braking system and is not reusable!

Steele's Auto supplies seems to be the Toyota representative for the Carabbeans.

image.thumb.png.2366116e6968c1bbcba922f742e1e0fd.png

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links