Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Help will Yaris mmt

Hasan1

Hi and thank you for accepting me. I’m looking for some help with a 2007 Yaris auto. Got the car and it kept falling out of gear then a friend was having a play with it something about manual initialisation but now the dash is showing no gears and the car will not rev at all. Feel like putting a match to it. Hope someone can help before i really do 

You need to explain it in more details, what did your friend to exactly, did you try anything to fix it, and do you mean by no gears showing, and the car wont rev?

Does the car start, does it go into gear, what happens then, etc ?

Thank you for your response, to begin the car initially was going into gear and jumping out immediately. Friend decided to try and do a manual initialisation with two wires attached to the obd port. The initialisation resulted in having no gear signs showing in the dash, loss of rev, and gearbox sign is now on dash in red. Car starts but no revs from pressing the pedal. And no gears being selected at all now.

after further investigation it looks like the gearbox was replaced at some point recently as I can see markings on the side.

bought the car blind at auction.

If you try a search on this forum there has been a quite few discussions about MMT transmission. I’ve never owned one but they seem to be pretty problem prone and hard and expensive to fix.

Best of luck sorting your car.

Had a little look around will look more but haven’t seen one with a fix outcome yet 

Sounds like your friend has blown something if in doubt, remove the Battery for 15-20 mins and reconnect it - you can't initialize the gearbox by shorting pins, you will just kill the data lines, blow fuses or kill the tcm (gearbox ecu)

what you need to do is use a decent obd2 reader and see if it can see the ecu and tcm/tcu

2 hours ago, flash22 said:

Sounds like your friend has blown something if in doubt, remove the battery for 15-20 mins and reconnect it - you can't initialize the gearbox by shorting pins, you will just kill the data lines, blow fuses or kill the tcm (gearbox ecu)

what you need to do is use a decent obd2 reader and see if it can see the ecu and tcm/tcu

It was pin 13 & 4 on the obd then did the Initialisation of the MMT ECU manually apparently. Will check all the fuses then move on from there 

Looking at my notes, Shorting pin 13 and 4 puts the MMT gearbox into clamp mode but it must be done to the letter, so you can remove the gearbox for clutch removal - you have to now re initialize the gearbox

INF12215_GB.pdf

• Thanks 1

What gets me also  is the cars starts but will not rev. It’s like the accelerator is not attached to that car it dose nothing 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links