Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Aygownership....paint code?

Hal Mercier

As in, I can't find it. Where have they hidden it?

I did a 100km round trip today in vain....got to the Toyota concession to find it unlocked but deserted, when someone did finally roll up it seems they don't sell aerosols, just paint sticks, no use at all for the slight graze I found today, which I hadn't realised was down to the plastic on the left side rear bumper corner pad.

I can get it online but need the code.

Anyone know?

Think it should be on one of the vehicle identification plates under 'CLR/TRM' - try inside the door openings on either the centre or rear pillar.

23 minutes ago, Hal Mercier said:

As in, I can't find it. Where have they hidden it?

I did a 100km round trip today in vain....got to the Toyota concession to find it unlocked but deserted, when someone did finally roll up it seems they don't sell aerosols, just paint sticks, no use at all for the slight graze I found today, which I hadn't realised was down to the plastic on the left side rear bumper corner pad.

I can get it online but need the code.

Anyone know?

You can get it online, true, but that white and your white might not be the same, due to the aging your paint has suffered from the elements.

You would be better off going to a local shop and having them mix up 100ml batch for you, should not be that expensive.

I was in similar situation, ordered it online for 15GBP, only to see my local shop mixes it up for the same amount of money.

Frosty, I looked where you suggested before putting finger to keyboard. No visible plate!

It did have a 4 digit 1839 stamped into the underside of the bonnet inner skin....could this be it? I doubt it....

I reckon as this car's spent it's life in a garage, and white in 2 pack is very colour stable unlike the old cellulose, which did indeed have 6 variants on one years Peugeot paint white due to UV degradation across time. Madness. It's not the white pigment that changes, it's the tiny quantities of the several colours that are added that fade.

I can get a Duplicolour tin for £11, and as the damage is all on the raised corner pad I'd rather risk it, I just need the wretched code!

My paintshop would love to relieve me of 35€ to mix a special brew matched to my paint.....but I delight in making the cheap solutions work!

Ahhhh "rear pillar" I didn't check that! You mean with the hatch open?

I'll check it now....though it's dark, wet and cold out there and there are bats and hooty-owls, salamanders and toads and who knows what else!

I can't get it into the barn because I cant get the mountain of junk which is on the floor up onto my newly erected shelving due to my left arm still being knackered from the crash in June.

I hope the poor innocent little car isn't afraid of night-stalking beasties. I'm so thankful the sellers fixed those leaks!

If a three door, the centre pillar, or if a five door the rear pillar (of the rear side door).

Well. Why should it have no paint code plate, because it doesn't seem to have one in any of the obvious places including around the tailgate.

I've never known this before. It's usually either punched into the Shell itself or it's on a separate plate that's then welded on somehow. There really doesn't seem to be one, so that means another 100km round trip to get it laser matched!

I can't see why it would have no plaque....