Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

AC problem. Hot one side, cold the other

Jonesy01

I have a 2004 Toyota Prado VX / landcruiser and when AC is set to cold, its hot on passengers side and cold on drivers side. My auto electrician says its the mode Actuator, I pulled the glove box out and I can see the Actuator moving fine. 

https://youtu.be/hvL2DDiGwOo

Would a re gas possibly fix this issue? Any people familiar with AC systems see anything off with the Actuator from my video? Thanks in advance. 

You can always go for them just to check the pressure and see if there is enough gas in the system.

Is it dual zone climate control? 

Yes it's dual zone. The gas he says is slightly low, never been serviced since 2004. I just find it odd it's coming out different temps. I'll try getting a re-gas done and see what happens. Failing that, I wonder if the damper is actually moving or broken/blocked. I think an inspection camera would be required in that case. 

Problem solved. The gas was too low. 

If your A/C is cold one side and hot the other it can still be caused from low gas.

The auto-electrician was likely trying to scam me. He told me his diagnostic check said the actuator behind the dash board was faulty and it wasn't. I should have checked his diagnostic machine. My video shows it working, even if the damper was broken the motor was still able to move through full range of motion and likely wouldn't throw an error code.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links