Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Aygownership #2 Where's the VIN plate?

Hal Mercier

As above. In my search for the paint code (still unfound) I also didn't notice any VIN code! What's going on? It's almost as if it's been re-shelled and someone forgot this....eyen more curious when you think it went through the CT (MoT) test on Tuesday, where they are supposed to check this plate.

VIN plate is on the B pillar (3dr) and C pillar on 5 door models, PM me the VIN and I will tell you the colour code :thumbsup:

Hi Kingo,

Thanks for the code offer.

How do I pm you? Can't see a button!

I guarantee this car has no paint code OR VIN PLATE! God knows how it's been getting through the  CT (MoT) as by law it should be cold stamped somewhere.

There's probably an innocent explanation ie Mme rolled the car just after purchase so it was written off, the guy's more than competent to reshell a car, stupid not to transfer the plate & code though.

I'll ring him to see what's going on.

I guess you're right, pm keeps my vin private.

Panic over. I'm glad to say I never suspected the seller had done anything naughty, and of course he hadn't.

Just that the cold stamped VIN is under the carpet, just ahead of the passenger seat!

Also, as has been suggested, on the same side B pillar is a simple sticker, and it's also on that, only no useful info such as 'VIN' or 'PNT CD'

So...I think the paint is code #0236 Wrong again, it's 3 digits in this case 068.

Now ordered. Whew.....

Click on my profile and send message, paint code will be 3 digit 

All fixed now. Code is 068, now ordered locally. Sorry about the slight note of panic....

Thanks John!

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links