Do Not Sell My Personal Information

High mileage Prius 2

John Priddle

I have just completed 200,000ml in my 2007 Prius and I think this is the best car I have ever owned. Is this achievement unusual and worthy of recognition?

• Like 1

I wonder if they have a low mileage club, I've only just clocked up 10,000 miles today, in 3 years 8 months. 😏 I think I need to get out more.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I certainly get out more: had my RAV 5 months 2 days, 6½k miles.

Mind you, in 2006, I did rather more - after 30 years in IT, I became a London minicab driver for a year, joining a start-up firm (greentomatocars) who initially had 5 Gen 2 Prius (last I heard over 600, plus some EVs and over 50 Mirai Fuel Cell Vehicles, which were recently in the national news for clocking over 1,000,000 miles.

In the 12 months I drove the minicab, I did 46,000 miles, plus 7,000 in my own Gen 1 Prius I had at the time, plus 4,000 in my partner's Micra and a thousand or two in a few other vehicles!

I worked for greentomato cars until 2014 when I retired, in their office as Fleet Manager until 2011, after which I worked for them from home.

No other vehicle in the world at the time would have resulted in my making that career change, so you could say in my case Toyota's Hybrid System was life-changing!

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

Hi John
My 2007 G2 is just a few miles short of 260,000 and like you, it is by far the best car I've ever had. They are used as taxis in a lot of cities so I imagine many do 300,000+ given the chance. Mine's had very little work done on it - a seized caliper, 2 broken coil springs the only necessary ones, and I had the radiator replaced when it became 25% clogged up with debris.
The only time it let me down was when the 12v Battery failed (after 11 years' use) which I was  a bit cross about because I would have thought it was get checked as part of routine main dealer servicing, but they don't.

• 1 year later...
On 11/22/2019 at 10:02 PM, John Priddle said:

I have just completed 200,000ml in my 2007 Prius and I think this is the best car I have ever owned. Is this achievement unusual and worthy of recognition?

Well done. Didn't know about the high mileage club. I wish I’d taken a photo of my model b before I upgraded to. Model d at 152,000

34 minutes ago, PaulDM said:

Well done. Didn't know about the high mileage club. I wish I’d taken a photo of my model b before I upgraded to. Model d at 152,000

You could have had a sticker from Toyota Uk for covered 150k miles. They offer those for 150, 200 and 300k miles to display anywhere on the windows. I got my first one last august.🙂 

9C447C93-86E3-4DDA-978E-0B275B4B92A5.jpeg

6 minutes ago, TonyHSD said:

You could have had a sticker from Toyota Uk for covered 150k miles. They offer those for 150, 200 and 300k miles to display anywhere on the windows. I got my first one last august.🙂 

9C447C93-86E3-4DDA-978E-0B275B4B92A5.jpeg

Unfortunately I sold that car in 2016 when I upgraded to a model d and don’t have a pic of the speedo
I consider myself a “bronze” Badge holder in spirit having done 300k plus miles in 4 Prius. 

• Thanks 1