Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

What do turbo numbers mean?

Stivino

Just out of curiosity I was looking at the numbers on the side of my turbo.

It has the Toyota part n° 17201-0R022, I don't need to know what that means.

It is an IHI VB13 turbo, I'm interested in the VB13 part.

Does VB13 stand for?

If you Google IHI VB13 you will come back with results, Toyota and Lexus. To me that means IHI turbos for a lot of the Toyota and Lexus cars (probably using AD diesel engines), all use a variant of the VB13. The same for VF23 for Subaru.

I've Googled those numbers until I am blue in the face and not found the answer that I'm looking for.  I thought maybe someone here would know.

Thanks very much for your input.

IHI is the manufacturer, VB31 is the short model code 

17201-0R022 comes back as VB13 RHF5V-60024P13NR5BRCS419CF / VG, VNT, VTG / Pneumatic actuation

Its used in the 2.0, 2.2 and 2.5 diesels

I know IHI is the makers name, I know 17201-0R022 is the Toyota number, I know VB13 is the short code and, I know what cars use it.

I want to know what VB stands for.

i.e. Very Big? Very Bad? Variable Boost etc?  Those initials and numbers are there to denote something and I'm curious to know what it is.

Thanks for your input.

Maybe the IHI website have a contact link where you could ask them? It seems that they may know how their own naming scheme works.

• 2 months later...

Hey man, have you find what those numbers mean ? I am curious about them too. I decided to search about these numbers and their meaning, but I haven't find anything. The only thing that I have found about these numbers on https://www.sunsigns.org/angel-number-888-meaning/ is that it's an angel number with a special meaning and power. I don't believe in that magic stuff, I would like to find something more explicit, not numerology, because I don't believe in such things.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links